Solar Projects in CA go Unused in SCE/Fed Contract Squabbles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer23

In the LA Times today: Renewable energy projects in California go unused

"Millions of dollars in projects intended to provide power to facilities in the state's national parks and forests are sitting idle because of a years-long squabble with Southern California Edison."

EDIT: Oops, link here: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-parks-solar-20120109,0,1759062.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The apparent stumbling block involves contract restrictions imposed by federal law, but utilities elsewhere in California have signed similar agreements with the agencies with few problems or delays.

Notably, the Federal agencies have been able to resolve contract issues with PG&E, resulting in interconnect agreements after a few months of negotiations.

Where do I sign up to vote for replacing privately run utilities with publicly managed ones?

A few years back the private utilities came very close to getting an initiative passed that would have made public utilities all but impossible...

Boomer23 said:
Where do I sign up to vote for replacing privately run utilities with publicly managed ones?

Back