Winter Tires!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubel

Took the wheels with snow tires from this car:

cvpisteelies.jpg

And put them on this car:

17close.jpg

zeroengrish.jpg

guntotingliberalwhacker.jpg

17clearancerear.jpg

snowfront.jpg

frontclose.jpg

Michelin X-Ice Xi2
235/55R17
17x7.5" 2006 CVPI steelies
2006 CVPI center caps

Now let's see if the LEAF is as fun in the snow as the CVPI. :)

cvpisnow.jpg

I like how that combination fills out the wheel wells. :)

I bought a set of 2002 Altima rims and some used Blizzaks. I've never bothered getting snow tires for my vehicles before, but I got some good deals on Craigslist. I'm looking forward to trying them out this winter.
IMG_20120723_172320.jpg

Interesting, didn't know the bolt pattern was the same. I guess the tire size was similar enough too?

Pretty funny to have Ford center covers on your Leaf. :)

Bolt pattern is the same as the Mustang, Explorer, Ranger, Crown Victoria, Escape, Odyssey, Element, Polot, Cherokee, Wrangler, Liberty, Compass, Patriot, RAV4, Sienna, Highlander, Outlander, and a few older 1/2 ton Dodge vans and trucks.

Tire size is a little large at 235/55R17 on 17x7.5. Stock is 205/55R16 on 16x6.5,, so they do rub a little at wheel lock.

Hub bore is another issue. With 66.1mm on the LEAF and 70.6mm on the CVPI, they are no longer hubcentric. I wasn't able to find any adapters, but I'm not noticing any vibration at highway speed.

I really like the look of large wheels on the LEAF (even if they come off of an old Bluesmobile). Seems the OEM wheels and tires are just too small for the big wheel wells in the car. It makes the car look like a fat lady with skinny legs. :p

sproqitman said:
Wait a minute. You stole an unmarked police vehicle, and then took the wheels off of it? I guess that's one way to get snow tires. :D

I distracted them with a box of donuts.

Funny story: I took the car to a Ford dealer since I had a coupon for service. The service guy did the work and then rang me up and noticed my car was still registered to the police department and wasn't applying tax. So he changed the owner data, but inadvertently put me as the owner of all of the departments cars, and couldn't figure out how to fix it. :lol:

Back