DCQC 25 minutes in 25 seconds

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregH

Time lapse of a DCQC session at AQMD in Diamond Bar, CA this morning (yes it's video of a video)
Top of screen is highest of he 4 battery temps (Celsius) followed by delta Tmax-Tmin, so for example in the last frame Tmax=29.2degrees C and Tmin=25.9 degrees C.
On the right side, battery current and battery voltage.
Small number upper left is SOC from the 5bc message followed by my crude attempts at an Ah integrator. Lower left of course raw "Gids".
On the bottom are cell voltages, Vmin, Vavg, Vmax followed by a little counter that counts the time since batt temps and cell voltages were scanned (in 2.5sec counts). During charge it updates every 8 Gids.

http://youtu.be/uFtba5afDmg

According to the Blink DCQC, that's 80%

Neat! I guess this also means that the qc out there is finally working again. :) I had read reviews on plug share that it was down for some time.

And as always (for those who don't know), blink qc percentages are not correct. 100% blink = 80% in the car.

Also, can you give temp readings say 20-30 min after quick charging? Curious to see how long the latent heat takes to reach the sensors.

JeremyW said:
Neat! I guess this also means that the qc out there is finally working again. :) I had read reviews on plug share that it was down for some time.

And as always (for those who don't know), blink qc percentages are not correct. 100% blink = 80% in the car.

Also, can you give temp readings say 20-30 min after quick charging? Curious to see how long the latent heat takes to reach the sensors.

Yeah it took them a while to get it up and running.. But I'm 3 for 3 this year.
This one doesn't have an option for 100%.. just 80%, 60% and 40% (yeah, like I'm going to plug into a DCQC for a 40% charge!)
It would be nice to really get to true 80% or 90%...
The last time I charged to "80%" the car's SOC was 73.2% @ 211 Gids. Oddly during the earlier part of yesterday's charge the Blink's reported SOC was for a brief time higher than the car's.

And yes! The temps did continue to rise! Granted I did drive a bit more and up some hills but I was going pretty easy (55-60mph, ~4mi/kWh) and it was just a few more miles.
I think about 20 minutes later it had topped out just under 31 degrees C. Resting in the shadows on a warm San Dimas day the temps dipped back to about 28-29 after a few hours.

I have noted a few degrees temperature rise while charging at home in my garage early in the morning but then while driving early am in cooler temps (~55-60F) the pack temp can go down a few degrees as long as I'm driving mellow (even though my average current consumption is surely more than the ~9A the 3.3kW charger puts in). So I guess cool airflow over the car does make a difference.

GregH said:
This one doesn't have an option for 100%.. just 80%, 60% and 40% (yeah, like I'm going to plug into a DCQC for a 40% charge!) It would be nice to really get to true 80% or 90%...

There is 90% and 100% options, you just have to hit the "other options" or maybe it's more options. To get a true 90% charge you have to start at above 50% SOC. Otherwise the car will cut you off at 80% even if you select the 100% option.

Back