Nissan Leaf Charging Dock Install Video

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video, although my garage will never look like that :)

I'm hearing that the charging electronics are built into the car for 120V and 240V charging, so is the purpose of the home "Charger" simply to deliver the AC power to the car via the SAE J1772 connector for the car to run through it's own charging circuitry and then to track/transmit the car data to the mothership? I'm not sure why the device costs as much as Nissan says ($2K), but maybe it's more complex than I realize...I signed up to try and get one of the free chargers here in San Diego, so we'll see how that goes...

It was my understanding that the cost is so high because it is a 240V charger - so that you can charge as fast as possible at home.

Although, $2000 still seems high!

the price is based on an installed charger, they are including an electrician comming out, evaluating the placement and your electric service/panel, getting the permit, and actually installing the charger. I'm sure the cost of the actual charger is more like 1/2 the $2200.

Also there is a federal tax credit on the charger as well, so most likely 1/2 of that $2200 will get credited on your federal taxes.

Damn, that is a fancy house/garage, but then again, that is probably the target market.

Back