UBUYGAS
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190

EV Car Meets - Making it easier to Explain...

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:32 pm

the LEAF to the masses:

I go to many car meets/shows every weekend and I keep getting asked the same 15 questions and usually I print out 8" x 11" sheets and tape them to my car but that is getting very old very quickly so I just ordered (5) 12" by 24" Door magnets to attach the my LEAF while at car shows/meets

I got them from http://www.BuildAsign.com they came out $178 for 5 shipped and I got them in 7 days. They are 0.045" thick.
Are you new to Plug-In Vehicles?

Have you charged in public yet?

If not, you really should read the EV Guidelines?

Learn them today by clicking here: http://EVguidelines.com

ksnogas2112
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 021881

Re: EV Car Meets - Making it easier to Explain...

Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:51 am

I like it!
Tom in KS
100 Mile Club-#57
http://ksnogas.blogspot.com/
Try reading a book, it's a novel experience
MY 2012 - Cayenne Red-55,000+ miles

CmdrThor
Delivery Date: 07 Jun 2013

Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:34 am

I like it all except the battery has an 8 year 100K mile warranty and you get 85 miles range per charge. I feel that is misleading people a little bit to think that the warranty covers the range of 85 miles. After 8 years / 100K miles you will most certainly not be getting 85 miles of range. Also you use a lot of wiper fluid :) I haven't refilled mine at all in my first year.

I think insinuating that all gas supports terrorism is a little over the top as well, but that's just me. I would go with a more positive message such as Support your local power company, drive an electric car!

UBUYGAS

Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:47 am

If I lived in GA I'd be supporting the electric company too with those rates you get In NJ the electric company doesn't care I drive an EV.

You're correct about the battery. Hopefully before they buy they'll do additional research.

Sal

CmdrThor wrote:I like it all except the battery has an 8 year 100K mile warranty and you get 85 miles range per charge. I feel that is misleading people a little bit to think that the warranty covers the range of 85 miles. After 8 years / 100K miles you will most certainly not be getting 85 miles of range. Also you use a lot of wiper fluid :) I haven't refilled mine at all in my first year.

I think insinuating that all gas supports terrorism is a little over the top as well, but that's just me. I would go with a more positive message such as Support your local power company, drive an electric car!

adric22
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 000768

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:53 am

Should have added top speed.. That's a question I get a lot. For some reason a lot of folks think it tops out at 45mph. I don't know where they get that information from.
2013 Blue Nissan Leaf SV
2012 Summit White Chevy Volt

MikeinDenver
Delivery Date: 03 May 2014
Leaf Number: 413923

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:21 am

CmdrThor wrote:I like it all except the battery has an 8 year 100K mile warranty and you get 85 miles range per charge. I feel that is misleading people a little bit to think that the warranty covers the range of 85 miles. After 8 years / 100K miles you will most certainly not be getting 85 miles of range. Also you use a lot of wiper fluid :) I haven't refilled mine at all in my first year.

I agree on some points. However most people don't have a very favorable view of their local power company either. Or maybe that is just in CA where I used to live. My co-op here in CO isn't nearly as bad as PG&E was.

To the original post though getting the information out is a must!
2013 SL

UBUYGAS

Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:33 am

Yeah. Damn. Oh well. I guess on the next magnet.

I do put a sign under my wipers that says "__________ OIL-FREE Miles Driven" and I fill out the amount with a fat sharpie. Maybe under that I'll put Top Speed and 0 to 60 times.

I want to replace that sign with something reusable as well. I have an idea. Need to see if it'll work......

adric22 wrote:Should have added top speed.. That's a question I get a lot. For some reason a lot of folks think it tops out at 45mph. I don't know where they get that information from.

donald
Delivery Date: 29 Jul 2013

Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:19 am

adric22 wrote:Should have added top speed.. That's a question I get a lot. For some reason a lot of folks think it tops out at 45mph. I don't know where they get that information from.
Maybe they see Leafs driving along a 70mph freeway at 45mph just to make it home on their degraded batteries!?

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:05 pm

One of my favorite parts of owning a Leaf is that I wake up every morning to a full battery, ready to take me wherever I need to go for the day. I don't know how to express that, especially to those who are used to stopping at the gas station once a week.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

adric22
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 000768

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:15 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:One of my favorite parts of owning a Leaf is that I wake up every morning to a full battery, ready to take me wherever I need to go for the day. I don't know how to express that, especially to those who are used to stopping at the gas station once a week.

Indeed.. This is a benefit that is often overlooked. For example, one time I was a long way from home and I had to stop and find a place to charge. Somebody asked me if I found that inconvenient. My response was "Yes, I do find the car to be occasionally inconvenient. However, on my day-to-day driving it is far more convenient than a gasoline car, and so it easily evens out."
2013 Blue Nissan Leaf SV
2012 Summit White Chevy Volt

Return to “Pictures, Videos”