Shawn75067 wrote:Are we absolutely even the smaller orange wire bundle does not enter into the car in that area? Just looks somewhat suspicious to me.
It's possible that the high voltage wiring overheated for some reason, which then heated the nearby sheetmetal enough to cause the carpet and plastics immediately next to it to catch fire. That's how engine compartment fires can spread to the interior despite the presence of a "firewall" and how car fires spread from car to car; if there's enough heat outside the car, eventually that heat will make its way into the car and set flammable things on fire, even if there are non-flammable materials separating the two areas.
However, as I suspected, I doubt any of the orange wires enters the passenger compartment itself. It would have no need to, as none of the high voltage components are situated within it AFAIK. There's definitely none in the cavity beneath the cupholders.
Blue Ocean 2012 Leaf SV, lost that 1st bar on 11/21/2015 at 26,435 miles.
Lease returned on 12/23/2015. Final LeafStat figures: 225 Gids, 17.44 kWH, SOC 91.89%, SOH 82.36%, 69.49% HX, 54.57 Ahr, battery temp 61.8 F
Now driving a 2015 VW eGolf SEL