Accessory blind spot mirrors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
When you get a new car, there is generally not much to talk about in the way of modifications, beyond factory accessories. Most are reluctant to jeopardize their factory warranty by messing around too much.

But two of the modifications I've always made pretty much right off are blind spot mirrors and a chrome exhaust tip. Well, since I don't have an exhaust to dress up this time, here are my blind spot mirrors. These are by Fit System, purchased at Pep Boys, and (in this case) have a blued finish that matches the blued accent pieces on the LEAF nicely:

mirror_left.jpg

mirror_right.jpg

I don't think they would be needed if you had your mirrors adjusted correctly. I have never been troubled by blind spots since turning my mirrors way out. If you lean over against the window, you should just barely be able to see the side of the car through the left mirror. If you lean way over to the middle of the car you should just barely be able to see the side of the car through the right mirror.

Just a word of warning that not all blind spot mirrors are good. These are the best I found and been using for years.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.V30879.desc.Maxi-View-Blind-Spot-2piece-Mirror-System

I use the circular style, primarily because they let me see precisely where I am between parking-lot stripes as I'm parking.

Yep, I've adjusted mine that way for years and it makes a tremendous difference. It's amazing to me how many people who I have showed this method to refuse to use it... To use to maximum advantage, you do need to learn to use your rear view mirror as well, however...

planet4ever said:
I don't think they would be needed if you had your mirrors adjusted correctly. I have never been troubled by blind spots since turning my mirrors way out. If you lean over against the window, you should just barely be able to see the side of the car through the left mirror. If you lean way over to the middle of the car you should just barely be able to see the side of the car through the right mirror.

I agree, most people don't know how to adjust side view mirrors. When adjusted as instructed above, there's no need for extras.

TomT said:
Yep, I've adjusted mine that way for years and it makes a tremendous difference. It's amazing to me how many people who I have showed this method to refuse to use it... To use to maximum advantage, you do need to learn to use your rear view mirror as well, however...

planet4ever said:
I do this also. An e-mail made the rounds explaining how to adjust mirrors properly and I realized I'd been doing it wrong. Makes a big difference to have the side mirrors pointed out so far they barely connect to the center mirror image edges and the whole area is covered. Takes some getting used to because the side mirrors are no longer "rear view" mirrors.

thanks, Mike.

i know how to adjust the mirrors, but i always feel and get surprised with a blind spot in the LEAF on the rightside.
i dont have that in the Audi.

planet4ever said:

+1! Save your money.

Back