0-60mph at 20% charge vs. 90%

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very slow haha! Could probably drop a second or so from the 60mph time with skillful use of the parking brake. Some people report they can power brake and left-foot brake their Leaf, but mine cuts all power when pressing on the brake, and doesn't allow power braking at all. Maybe a 11/12 to 13 change?

I will be doing the same test with a 2012 Mazda2 5-speed. I have a feeling the Mazda will be faster to 60mph but slower to 85mph due to gear shifting and less torque.

It is totally safe to stop the vehicle, select Neutral, push accelerator to the floor.
Keep gear selector in the N position and flick it down to engage non-ludicrous acceleration.

Temperature plays also. Cold pack has even more noticeable effects due to heavy voltage drop at full load.
Disabling climate control also helps.

arnis said:
It is totally safe to stop the vehicle, select Neutral, push accelerator to the floor.
Keep gear selector in the N position and flick it down to engage non-ludicrous acceleration.

Temperature plays also. Cold pack has even more noticeable effects due to heavy voltage drop at full load.
Disabling climate control also helps.
Hmmmm, neutral drop with an electric car. No transmission slamming into gear just the motor starting up. I will try it!

Back