Leaf video w/ Mark Perry....good dash/interface footage.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVwtwhvmK0I

Something I've just noticed (unless I'm over simplifying it)...distance on the odo vs. range left - 52 miles driven and 81 miles of range equals 133 miles, no? Perhaps the "100 miles" is indeed a conservative number?

mwalsh said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVwtwhvmK0I

Something I've just noticed (unless I'm over simplifying it)...distance on the odo vs. range left - 52 miles driven and 81 miles of range equals 133 miles, no? Perhaps the "100 miles" is indeed a conservative number?

I wonder what the max range would be if you really "babied" it. Like 30mph, no AC radio or headlights, slight downgrade :)

I was told by the Leaf Program manager that the CD was .28

This was on January 3 in Phoenix. When we discussed the aerodynamics of the vehicle, he was very proud of this. He said they made only one compromise. That compromise was the rear roofline which had to be raised above the optimal height to give more back seat headroom. He was proud that it was better than Toyota.

mwalsh said:

Thank you for this video! Great find!

Earlier interviews suggest that the 'distance to empty' is a 'learning' device that can change based on how one drives. It makes sense to me that one could drive beyond 100 miles. I really like Nissan's openness and frankness with regard to range! We know the heater will shorten the trip so we include things that will help. :D

This is the second time I've heard .29 for the Cd.

Are they shipping cars yet?! :lol:

The car in the Japanese driving video appears to show 85 km driven and 132 km remaining, which equals just over 134 miles!

Edit: However, I'm now thinking the display is a quasi-functional mock up. EVERY picture/video I've found shows the same combination adding up to 134 miles - 85km = ~52miles, 132km = ~82 miles.

Back