High-Resolution Leaf photos

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://www.nissan-newsroom.com/JPN/en/PRODUCTS/ZEROEMISSION/index.html

Or directly here ...

http://www.nissan-newsroom.com/JPN/en/PRODUCTS/ZEROEMISSION/images/01/NNR/100611/leaf_100611-NN.jpg

Change the NN from 01 to 13 to get some high rez pictures.

Snagged 'em all, and the .pdfs. Wish they had some interior pictures too!

Edit: Oh, that's a different page. These are the ones I got:

http://www.nissan-newsroom.com/JPN/en/PRODUCTS/ZEROEMISSION/ze_100611-01.html

Images are under the videos. There are some cracking .pdf files there too!

Edit 2: Oh, the link you posted contains the older images. The ones on the page I posted are all production (or pre-production).

Official picture:
ev_leaf_100401_64_Low.jpg

New picture from today's event:
leaf_100611-10_Low.jpg

So, the mirrors and the antenna are changed...but which one will be the production version? I hope they don't use those ugly square mirrors!

Also look in this lower picture, there's a little cover over where the towing hook would be.

And I see the rear windows are tinted :cool:

Those new mirrors are weak.

I see the cover plate for the tow hook on the new one... not too bad. Looks like the ride hight is higher, too? It doesn't look as tight, but increased ground clearance will help that underbody cladding last a little longer. Every ICE car I've had, I've managed to scrape that cladding off under the engine bay, and it's hideously expensive to replace -- especially when the fasteners get damaged.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but re johnr's recent photo above, I'm just beginning to realize that a front license plate in the shape of US plates, especially a white one, gives the Leaf a rather buck-toothed appearance. My first thought was of Kukla, the one-toothed serpent from the old puppet show (circa 1950s, go ahead and flame me for being old).

I'm not saying this is a deal breaker for me. I have gotten over the fact that this is the first car I'll own of which I don't particularly like the styling. It does, however, make me want to risk not putting on a front plate, against state law. I'm sure that I'll wind up ignoring the appearance eventually.

That's what I meant by mentioning the US spec plate. One of the new videos from the Nissan site has the Leaf being driven with a US spec-shaped white plate, and I agree, worse than the Euro or JDM plate on this car.

I like your word: "cutesy". If the larger square mirrors allows me to have better side visibility that the cuter ones, I'm all for it.

Well I've come around now, the new mirrors aren't so bad after all. They just looked so ordinary on a car that has a very unique appearance otherwise. Plus, it annoys me that they quietly make such a significant change when apparently they knew all along they wouldn't be using those mirrors. But then I guess that's standard industry practice when designing a new car.

Come on guys, "more unique?" "very unique?"

Something is either unique or it's not. There are no degrees of uniqueness. :mrgreen:

I see a couple of other small differences.

The recessed small lights (for the turn indicator?) are more recessed and probably standard lights now. In the earlier model they had angled faces.

There is a cover for some kind of hitch(?) on the nose.

Ofcourse the angles are somewhat different, so it may just be that - but it looks like the angle of the nose is slightly different.

Bicster said:
Come on guys, "more unique?" "very unique?"

Something is either unique or it's not. There are no degrees of uniqueness. :mrgreen:

:oops: Now I need to watch my words carefully; the grammar police is here :p

Back