Sunroof!! Finally!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatricioEV

I finally found a company to put in a sunroof!

Webasto 930 Dual Panel in-built. Auto single vent, double vent, open close, memory position. Sunroof closes automatically when you turn the car off. They moved the dome light back and did a great job on installation! $1299+tax. I can't for the life of me figure out how to load pics or video to this site (even though I have literally hundreds on other forums.) Anyway, here are the links:

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrg78732/sets/72157629672060424/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD2bp2tY3mU&list=UUtjXBTXRSklSJzJaQReALnw&index=1&feature=plcp

company info:

Brian Hill
Dealer Source, LTD
11006 Metric Blvd.
Austin, TX 78758

Looks awesome! I really miss my Integra moonroof...

Any comments on the net weight gain? How about wind/road noise?

What about loss of headroom? Did they need to replace and/or lower the entire headliner?

Did they mention any tricky parts to the install? Did you figure out why it wasn't recommended for an SL?

Any noticeable impact on your watts/mile or driving range?

Now if you could just add a fan for the vent position (powered by the solar panel even)...

Thanks for blazing this trail!

lemketron said:
Looks awesome! I really miss my Integra moonroof...

Any comments on the net weight gain? How about wind/road noise?

What about loss of headroom? Did they need to replace and/or lower the entire headliner?

Did they mention any tricky parts to the install? Did you figure out why it wasn't recommended for an SL?

Any noticeable impact on your watts/mile or driving range?

Now if you could just add a fan for the vent position (powered by the solar panel even)...

Thanks for blazing this trail!

Weight - no idea -30 lbs?
Wind noise is very low, much better than other ones I've had.
Said there was nothing at all difficult about it. No idea why they wouldn't do it w/ SL. Nothing in the way.
Probably an inch to two lost in headroom, but I'm only 5'8". They recovered the headliner with same color fabric. Looks factory.
Can't imagine I'll notice any difference in range, etc.

That is an impressive job.

7173382644_0e88275aee_z.jpg

7173391056_2d867b2c4f_z.jpg

7173391570_6d7bfc57ac_z.jpg

7173389922_1a168a2078_z.jpg

Very very nice!

It's too bad Nissan hasn't put this in a standard on the high end model, or even an option. With the solar panel on the rear end, you likely could generate enough power to keep that puppy cracked and run a fan to circulate air and keep the cabin temp, while parked, down somewhat in the summer.

coqui said:
Very cool...but I'm well over 6' so it isn't going to happen for me. Plus those warm summer months.

I think you'd be fine.. but then I've never had a height challenge!

BTW, Dealer Source, LTD has a San Antonio shop as well...

Dealer Source Ltd (Main Office)
11927 Warfield St.
San Antonio, TX 78216
Office: 210-366-9919

http://www.dealersourceltd.com

And for anyone wondering about miles/kwh, I drove my normal route to work this am with the sunroof open fully (same speeds, etc.) and my figures were the same as they always are... I reset the console reading every night when I pull in the garage.

7173382644_0e88275aee_z.jpg

Is it my imagination or is the sunroof sticking up on the corners? Looks like a little tweaking to get the sunroof to sit flush.

LakeLeaf said:
Very very nice!

It's too bad Nissan hasn't put this in a standard on the high end model, or even an option. With the solar panel on the rear end, you likely could generate enough power to keep that puppy cracked and run a fan to circulate air and keep the cabin temp, while parked, down somewhat in the summer.

Or even tie this in with carwings and let you open it before you get in the car to let a little heat out. Shoot, even being able to roll the windows down remotely would be great.

Looks quality, nice job! I really miss having a sunroof in the LEAF.

I didn't want to put too much money into the LEAF and my one splurge was leather seats. I'm extremely happy with the leather seats but a sunroof would have been a close second option.

Looks really good. Seems like a good price considering the amount of work involved.
Did they install drain tubes or something to handle the water run-off?

DTB said:
Looks really good. Seems like a good price considering the amount of work involved.
Did they install drain tubes or something to handle the water run-off?

Yes there are drain tubes to keep it from leaking into the car if what gets in/around the tracks. I could definitely have purchased a less expensive roof, but I liked the double panel dual-venting model I got.

to OP:

The only way I figured out how to post is to become a Gold member by paying $30. Then you get a Attach file/Browse option in the bottom for you to attach any file including a picture.

Back