Here's my new Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadazan

I'm new in the forum. woohooo!
I live in Quebec!

Here's my new Leaf...

Mod :
- TEIN - H-Tech Springs SKK32-G1B00 (35mm drop)
- 18x7.5 Kia Optima wheel (46 offset) + 5mm spacer(for now)
- 215/45R18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS

nissanleafwithkia18x75w.jpg

Shot at 2012-05-13

nissanleafwithkia18x75w.jpg

Shot at 2012-05-13

****EDIT 2013-04-23****

Now I've added some 35mm spacer in the back and 25mm in the front. It looks nicer when it's flusher to the car

Here's a comparison picture with another LEAF (winter tire with stock wheel)
20130127161756.jpg

My Leaf is the snow (winter tires and -20c outside)
20130106145610.jpg

and the latest picture
20130325174332.jpg

Thint: 5 to 15% in the front (I don't remember)
35% in the back
50% in the rear windows

RANGE:
Surprise... I didn’t notice any difference.
Note:
- 18inch wheels are heavier
- The wheels are flush to the car (better aerodynamic coefficient for the highway)
- The car is 35mm lower (better aerodynamic coefficient for the highway)
- Tires are harder (41 psi in the tires instead of 36 recommended)

Congratulations on your car. What do you pay for electricity, $.02/kWh? Lots of cheap driving in your future for sure!

Saw a Leaf with Mossy plates and an Obama 2012 sticker. Nice to see a new Leaf. Haven't seen one in a while. Hopefully a sign of higher numbers.

Looks really good. I thought Kia uses 225's for their 18" rims, did you drop down 1 tire-size? Also you mention spacers "for now". Do have them front and back? Are they required for clearance? Did you happen to weigh the rims? I’d imagine those might be pretty heavy.

I like the way those 18's fill out the wheel wells. Nice looking ride! I would also like to know how the different wheel/tire combo affects range.

I also wonder if 225/55-18 tires would fit under the wheel wells at stock ride height to raise the top speed from 92 mph to 102.6 mph. I just don't like the fact that the Leaf gets a black mark for the lowest top speed car in America. Even if the tire/wheel combo fit, I would think that there might be issues with handling, ride, and the ECU's ability to manage the change.

new pictures and specs added. See at the top.
Added
35mm spacer in the back
20mm spacer in the front
some green decals on the car and wheels

range = no change

The bigger wheels sure make it look nicer. :) I was looking at my car the other day thinking the wheels look too small. It's good they upped the wheel size on the new model.

Back