Seattle and the Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacific

Hi Jessica, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions on this forum!

I am from Seattle, and from what I understand Seattle is one of the first markets and testing grounds for the Nissan Leaf. I've heard a rumor about some deal where residents of Seattle that purchase a Nissan Leaf can get a free charging system.

My questions are:
1. Do you know anything about this, and if so, is it true?
2. Is this a Nissan deal, or is this the government that is providing these charging stations for free?

This is all I could find online:
A spokesman for the Seattle mayor's office, Alex Fryer, says about 1,000 charging stations will be in residences and 1,500 in a network for the metro area.

Thanks again for being part of this Nissan Leaf Forum!
Pat

Hi Pacific, I know I'm not Jessica, and I'm definitely not with Nissan, but I was able to find a little bit of info online I thought might help.

According to the Seattle Times:

The Seattle area will gain 2,550 charging stations under a $100 million Energy Department grant through the Electric Transportation Engineering Corp. to cities in Washington, Oregon and three other states.

and

The grant announced Wednesday will offer buyers of the LEAF a 220-volt charging station in their home at no cost.

From that, you can see it's a government, so I doubt Nissan has anything to do with it. I imagine the US Gov just wants to encourage Seattle car owners to get into an all electric vehicle like the Nissan Leaf because of the dense population and pollution troubles down there.

Klaus, thanks for the info. Good research, through reponse! You should work for Nissan haha

Yes, I agree, from that quote you found it sounds like it is definitely a government based program to encourage Seattle people to buy and drive a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle.

If anyone else has info on this Nissan Leaf incentive program, it would be appreciated.

Typical for Seattle to be setting the pace for other cities to follow.

I wonder if this is a federally based program? Then there would be hope of the government rolling it out other cities and other Nissan Leaf purchasers?

If it's only a city or state level program, then I guess as an east coast Nissan Leaf enthusiast I am tish out of luck!

Back