efusco
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

What is the prioritization for the Leaf?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:14 pm

So lots of people logged in and put down reservations, myself included. But I didn't get my e-mail until 2 hours after the first people started getting theirs. So even though I put my deposit down within seconds of getting it will I be behind all the people who got their email first and thus got to put down their deposit first??

Will you use the "interest" list as a marker for priority at all?

Will we be given any sort of priority number like Tesla has done for Model S reservers so you know exactly where you are on the production list as the vehicles roll out?
Evan Fusco
2004 Prius Owner
2006 Highlander Hybrid Owner

Tesla Model S Reservation Holder
Nissan Leaf Reservation Holder

sjfotos

Re: What is the prioritization for the Leaf?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:23 pm

I got my confirmation email approximately 24 hours after making the charge card entry. I assume that the priority will go to the current roll out cities first, then the states that have rebates, then the most dense 'other' locations and finally the dispersed reservations. There is a great deal of logic in trying to roll out the first 5,000 to 10,000 in concentrated locales where they can be monitored and supported by a well trained and well supported dealer staff, and THEN rolling it out in phases over the rest of the country. Look at it from Nissan's viewpoint. It will only take a few bad stories, valid or not, to sink this puppy. They are going to want to control and monitor this very carefully. If you had $6 Billion in R&D and manufacturing costs on the line, you would as well.
Forum Supporter

Steve in PA
Reserved 4/20/2010, Forgotten in Pennsylvania

evnow
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Yes, this is something I'm sure everyone is interested in.

What exactly are we doing with this reservation ? Am I in a queue now ?

I'm in one of the December launch places (WA), how can I find out whether I can get the car this December ?
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

Dav

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Priority list:
1) Me
2) Everyone else
Does that answer your question? :lol:

Actually, now you have me worried. I have my reservation number, but I never got any email. What email?

efusco

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Dav wrote:Priority list:
1) Me
2) Everyone else
Does that answer your question? :lol:

Actually, now you have me worried. I have my reservation number, but I never got any email. What email?

Several people never got an email. For some reason I got two!
But if you go to the Nissan Leaf site and login you should be able to see your reservation confirmation. If not (some people get a weird screen saying their reservation wasn't confirmed/completed) you should call the 800 number and directly confirm with a human that your confirmation went through. I'm sure that if you got your confirmation number you're fine, but the style over function choice that Nissan took with the web site has created a lot of problems and confusion and left a lot of people who wanted to reserve out in the cold.
Evan Fusco
2004 Prius Owner
2006 Highlander Hybrid Owner

Tesla Model S Reservation Holder
Nissan Leaf Reservation Holder

daniel

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:39 am

It is my opinion, based on nothing but the apparent randomness of the confirmation numbers, and the fact that they are accepting deposits from people outside the roll-out markets, and the generally disorganized and badly-planned execution of the reservation process, that there is as yet no priority list. I strongly suspect that priority will not be determined until we are able to visit a dealer and place a confirmed order, which I think they said would happen in August. How they will deal with that can of worms is anyone's guess. I expect the car to be an excellent one, but the process of ordering it to be badly organized and frustrating in the extreme, as buyers and dealers scramble for a limited number of cars.
Reserved afternoon of 4/20.
"You can order" email late September, but was out of the country so...
Ordered very early October.
Dashboard says: more of the usual worthless Nissan b.s.
(Not on spreadsheet cuz I can't figure it out.)

garygid
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:48 am

It seems that those living "in" the 10 (or 11) city rollout areas were offered (during Reservation) a chance to be considered for the initial test group (probably the first 5000 Leafs).

If you (like me) got no offer, that probably means you are outside the "test" area, drive too little to be useful, ... or some such.
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2010 Prius, 2014 silver Tesla S
Nissan EVSE, mod to 240/120v 16A
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle

Dav

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:47 am

Gary, since we do this at work a lot when tax jurisdictions change, what I imagine is several data entry clerks making minimum wage sitting at a terminal entering zip codes.

These qualify, these don't. And a poorly written javascript doing a look-up when you enter your address on the website. If your specific zip code is on the list, you see the special charger offer. Otherwise you don't.

I think the other things filled in were for "future determination of eligibility", not used during the sign-up process. The whole process was not organized well enough to think it was that sophisticated.

garygid
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:01 am

Yes, I also suspect simple "blessed" zip codes are being used at this point. Actual-address refinements might follow.

In any case, it was only "Do you want to be considered ... for the test ...".

It should be relatively easy to determine these zip codes.

Google:
San Diego, CA zip codes
921xx (most all valid codes from 01 to 99)

Phoenix, AZ zip codes
850xx (00 to 99)

Tucson, AZ zip codes
857xx (01 to 77)
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2010 Prius, 2014 silver Tesla S
Nissan EVSE, mod to 240/120v 16A
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle

daniel

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:10 am

I thought the "test group" and the "initial roll-out" were separate things, the former being a very small number of cars well before December, and the latter being a much larger number in December.

If the only people getting cars in December are those who were offered the opportunity to be in the "test group," and the others have to wait until the end of 2011, then they will lose me, because I expect to have something else by then. For that matter, if Spokane has to wait until the end of 2011 then they'll probably lose me. And perhaps it goes without saying that if any other freeway-capable 100-mile EV comes along before the Leaf comes to Spokane, then they'll lose me.

HEY JESSICA: Would you please clarify what cities will get the Leaf in 2010, and whether the "test group" and the December roll-out are the same or different? Thanks a bunch!
Reserved afternoon of 4/20.
"You can order" email late September, but was out of the country so...
Ordered very early October.
Dashboard says: more of the usual worthless Nissan b.s.
(Not on spreadsheet cuz I can't figure it out.)

Return to “Ask Nissan”