LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Need new Nissan Leaf keys

Fri May 26, 2017 1:49 pm

powersurge wrote:Door adjustment is not a Leaf issue.... Any mechanic knows how to adjust a door.

Yup. I've done it, back in the day, and it's easier if you have a helper to hold the door while you loosen and re-tighten the mounting bolts. (Although I seem to recall doing it with Maverick doors using a chair as a "helper.") The brackets or holes should all be slotted. It's especially easy if the door only needs adjustment in one direction, at one location, although you may still have to adjust two or more bolts.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

aluminumwelder
Delivery Date: 14 Jun 2014

Sat May 27, 2017 7:04 pm

yes the computer chip in car keys now a days is a rip off. $100 for a duplicate key that costs $8 on ebay.

one can carefully hack open your exsisting key, remove the micro chip and epoxy it glue it VERY near to the key hole. more than a 1 cm away and it wont' work. I did it on a Nissan versa and bought 6 key blanks. of course thieves can theoretically steal the car easier, but any "good" thief would avoid the car assuming it has the safety feature still there.

the actual chip is around 7x4mmx2mm thick pretty small,

I for get how I extracted mine years ago, but remember being pretty nervous about it. I think a box cutter, hair dryer and a dremel did the trick.

krossari
Delivery Date: 09 Feb 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:17 am

Thanks for the replies. It's nice to have this forum for advice.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”