GRA

Re: Is anyone else getting MNL"security certificate expired yesterday" warnings?

Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:14 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:Ok, how do I change my password??? I looked at all the profile settings, I think.

On the user control panel, click on "Profile", then "Edit account settings". I use different passwords for all my site accounts, so it's no big deal for me.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Is anyone else getting MNL"security certificate expired yesterday" warnings?

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks, but you missed a step. It's Profile>Edit Profile>Edit Account Settings. That's what threw me.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:49 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:Thanks, but you missed a step. It's Profile>Edit Profile>Edit Account Settings. That's what threw me.

Not for me it isn't. 'User control panel', 'Profile' then 'Edit account settings'. 'Edit Profile' is the first choice on the menu where' Edit account settings' appears fourth.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Looks like there are two ways to get there, and I took the scenic route. ;-)
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

ElectricEddy
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:53 pm

GRA wrote:"Your connection is not private" etc.

Using Chrome ,I deleted the old/ created a new shortcut to MNL and haven't had the problem since. ;)
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

ekaza
Delivery Date: 13 Jun 1993

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:00 am

I have the similar warning with avast keep prompting me on every site. At first i though its a real security threat but on googling found your connection is not private is a common certificate error and thankfully these steps help me resolve the issue to change passwords

GRA

Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:03 pm

I've just started getting the same 'security certificate expired yesterday' error again every time I click on a link in this site, so whoever's maintaining the site needs to fix this.

CanuckEVDriver
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 17 Aug 2018

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:31 am

The security certificate has simply expired. I have sent an email to the moderator/owner. Once the certificate is renewed, all should be able to connect again without errors.

In the meantime you can simply change your URLs, Bookmarks or Favorites to remove the "s" after http in the address and you'll be able see the site as usual.
Canuck EV Driver
Ottawa, Ontario
Get the LeafSpy - fix things that Nissan couldn't, or won't.

alozzy
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Always surprises me how some topics gain so much traction and others, that I think more deserving, flounder.

This one is a good example - unless you are making a purchase, why would you care that the browser doesn't like the SSL certificate? The only purpose of an SSL certificate is to encrypt the web traffic between the web server and the endpoint, so for a forum post that ends up publicly accessible anyways, where is the harm?

Unless, of course, you're one of those people who uses the same credentials for everything, in which case expect to be hacked.
Vancouver, CA owner of a 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Loving my first BEV :D

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”