BrockWI
Delivery Date: 28 Mar 2014
Leaf Number: 423875

Re: New Forum format vs. Old Forum format

Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:31 am

This new software is painfully slow. I used to hit the site twice a day and catch up. Now when I try it just sits there trying to load, sometimes I get a time out. Lately I just give up and don't bother. Its a shame, there is a LOT of good information here, but I think anyone new will just skip it because of the speed. Pretty soon I will give up checking as often as I do as well.

Having been an admin on another large forum (250,000 members) the speed will really discourage sponsors as well, whether they admit it or not.
3 kw solar pv - XW6048 - 8 L16's
4 ton GSHP
2003 VW TDI 170k miles - 52 mpg lifetime
evse level 2 - Clipper Creek HSC-40
2013 S model with QC package Mar of 2013

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 am

cwerdna wrote:
jhm614 wrote:The performance issues seem to be back with a vengeance today.

Ditto.
DaveinOlyWA wrote:despite saying "remember me" i am constantly asked to log in randomly

Yep. I get logged out quite frequently (as in, I have to login again). I think I hit it again today. It's getting very annoying.

This happened much more rarely w/the old forum.

getting logged out is one thing but opening 3 threads and only being asked to log into one of them?? what is that!!
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30; 18,297 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 100.00% kwh 28.1 QCs 165, L2's 190
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRA

Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:02 pm

13-25 seconds to load a page after a click. Sigh.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

ElectricEddy
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:14 pm

GRA wrote:13-25 seconds to load a page after a click. Sigh.
Went to Shaw ( internet provider) ,used their high speed system and still took 30 seconds minimum. At least its not my computer, other sites load quick. The worst part is by the time you get to where you want to go and want to leave some input, I tend to forget the subject. Some times I can't even log out. Received a "server not available " when I first tried to post a reply to this.
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:27 am

I've just had a brilliant idea - let's go hijack one of the other myelectriccar.com forums and start posting LEAF content. My suggestion would be myaccordplugin.com for it's low posting volume (on account of nearly nobody actually having an Accord PHEV). It's the old interface we love; no performance issues are evident; and as a bonus there is no advertising there.

Sure we'll have to start fresh, but this site is close to dead anyway on account of the format changes and the apparent inability of dear Admin to get to grips with the performance issues.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 70,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Michelin MXV4 tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:58 am

^^^
LOL! Yeah, the performance problems are back with a vengeance today. :(

And, I just got logged out again a few minutes ago on Firefox 32-bit for Windows.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

GRA

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:37 pm

mwalsh wrote:I've just had a brilliant idea - let's go hijack one of the other myelectriccar.com forums and start posting LEAF content. My suggestion would be myaccordplugin.com for it's low posting volume (on account of nearly nobody actually having an Accord PHEV). It's the old interface we love; no performance issues are evident; and as a bonus there is no advertising there.

Sure we'll have to start fresh, but this site is close to dead anyway on account of the format changes and the apparent inability of dear Admin to get to grips with the performance issues.

Great minds thinking alike etc. Actually, most of the 'myevname.com' forums other than this one and maybe the RAV4 have very limited traffic. Mykiasoulev.com has an 'Other Electric Vehicles' forum, as well as some ex-LEAFers who've moved on. It's also the only other CHAdeMO-equipped car out there (discounting the iMiEV), so it seems like maybe the best fit. See http://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewfo ... df0115a252
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:40 pm

I noticed you're still working with polymers.

ILETRIC
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2011

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Yeah! Let's make it a true Nissan Leaf "Internets" experience.
The site really sucks. It takes forever to load and it just looks so unappealing. No charm. Awful.
I don't even know why I check in anymore...
------------------------------------------------
1st bar lost at 38,700 miles/22 months
2nd bar lost at 45,750 miles/27 months

Traded-in on 10-19-2014 at 56,150 miles
-------------> for Kia Soul EV+ <-------------

cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:05 am

GRA wrote:
mwalsh wrote:I've just had a brilliant idea - let's go hijack one of the other myelectriccar.com forums and start posting LEAF content. My suggestion would be myaccordplugin.com for it's low posting volume (on account of nearly nobody actually having an Accord PHEV). It's the old interface we love; no performance issues are evident; and as a bonus there is no advertising there.

Great minds thinking alike etc. Actually, most of the 'myevname.com' forums other than this one and maybe the RAV4 have very limited traffic. Mykiasoulev.com has an 'Other Electric Vehicles' forum, as well as some ex-LEAFers who've moved on. It's also the only other CHAdeMO-equipped car out there (discounting the iMiEV), so it seems like maybe the best fit. See http://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewfo ... df0115a252

Yeah... TonyWilliams is a moderator on myrav4ev.com (which appears to be down right now). Perhaps, he could re-create most of the MNL tree in a Leaf sub-area under there? It would give us a place to discuss things more productively until this site finally gets back into shape and is actually usable.

The performance problems are still often horrible here. I got logged out 2x on Safari on my iPhone 6 today and I was logged out again on Firefox for Windows. Annoying.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”