Happy LEAF, Happy Owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

My 2013 LEAF manufactured 10/2013 has been in the family close to four months now and has settled in great to our routines. Once a month I LeafSpy the lady for posterity and graphing. The Ahr reading continues to drop at a rate of about 1 Ahr a month but I remain optimistic that it will plateau, in part because the GOM is not trending down. Our lifetime consumption rate is 5.2 miles per kWh which has been steady since Februrary while the GOM reports 119 miles on a 100% charged car. That works out to 22.8 kWh to VLBW which IIRC is exactly what the pre-purchase reading reported.

uc

I reset the meters when we took ownership of the car. Average speed is 19 mph :)
This reflects mostly small town duties to the gym and stores, and a trip ~ 2 twice a month to a town 45 miles away driven at highway speeds.

If you are wondering about the relatively high miles per kWh figure, keep in mind that cooling has yet to hit our area of SW Colorado and we make every effort to make do with pre-heating in the winter supplemented by seat heating but no cabin heating.

Interesting. We also recently learned how much slow country road driving extends the range. But yah you are getting amazing numbers and I'm glad it's working out for you. We seem to hang around 6.8 6.9 KM per KW but we are more of a 70/30 city highway split. Sorry, not sure what that us in miles.

Cheers.

GerryAZ said:
SageBrush has the slight advantage of lower aerodynamic drag due to thinner air at higher altitude. My fuel injected motorcycle always gets better mileage in highway driving at higher altitudes.

I had never thought of that before but it makes sense. At a mile high, there is roughly 15% less air. That impact would grow as speeds increase and this really could make a difference.

Congratulations on your new Leaf.

4CloverLeaf said:
GerryAZ said:
SageBrush has the slight advantage of lower aerodynamic drag due to thinner air at higher altitude. My fuel injected motorcycle always gets better mileage in highway driving at higher altitudes.

I had never thought of that before but it makes sense. At a mile high, there is roughly 15% less air. That impact would grow as speeds increase and this really could make a difference.
For sure, although not much effect in our case because most of the driving is in-town below 40 mph.

Back