LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Battery upgrade package towards cold weather

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Had you put it that way, as an extra precaution for an export car, I wouldn't have commented. As it is, too many people just forget the correct month for the cutoff. There could be a handful of April builds with Canary packs, but at this point it's unlikely, because we've seen so many March builds with rapid bar loss, and no Aprils outside of Hot climates.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium and no QC, a 2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, and 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Re: Battery upgrade package towards cold weather

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:24 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:Had you put it that way, as an extra precaution for an export car, I wouldn't have commented. As it is, too many people just forget the correct month for the cutoff. There could be a handful of April builds with Canary packs, but at this point it's unlikely, because we've seen so many March builds with rapid bar loss, and no Aprils outside of Hot climates.

I didn't believe the qualifier was necessary, since the OP stated he was looking to export. I did state that in the message you responded to, but apparently that was overlooked. April has always been regarded as the cut-off date for Canary packs, but no one knows the exact date the change occurred. Mine was built in January 2013, and I was fortunate enough to get a battery replacement under warranty. Knowing what I know now, my current recommendation for anyone looking would be a 2015 SL or SV, which is what I recommended as the best option to the OP.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”