EVDRIVER

Re: 2018 LEAF Vs Tesla Model 3 SR: A Comparison Table for the USA

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 am

SageBrush wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:Seems AWD option should be listed in the chart as that may be important to some.

It is listed on right side under packages

Thanks, I stand corrected.:)
Forum Moderator

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:15 am

SageBrush wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:Seems AWD option should be listed in the chart as that may be important to some.

It is listed on right side under packages

By all means, don't forget any of the current fictitious options, for the fictitious $ "35k" model 3....
no condition is permanent

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:18 am

hill wrote:
iPlug wrote:Regarding Hill:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:Hey long time no hear!

I am quite frankly shocked that you did not jump to Tesla a long time ago. Of all the people I expected, you were near the top of the list.

So are you getting a 3?

He did. He has a Model S.
my better half wanted to replace her 10yr old Hybrid Lexus SUV, but cars fell off the back burner when she got cancer. I promised her a tesla when she survived chemo. So sure enough - she passed her cancer free years & bam. Model S.
4 weeks after picking up the S she sez, "i'm soo sory but it's too low & i like being up hi like in the Lexus SUV". $20K depreciation on a 4wk old S, & another big check to Tesla, & for the past year - she's now sportin' the X ... cuz unlike the S or 3, she needs to sit up hi. (please kill me)
:shock:

Sure, Leaf pack's turn to poo way to quick. If we put a new $5,000 battery in it, we'd have a $3,500 car. No point. But hey - who knew! The depreciation on the 4wk old Tesla wasn't as bad as our Leaf.
:lol:
So, being a DIY'er, & since there a lots of junkers in the salvage yard now, perhaps it'd be worth putting in a salvage pack when retirement creeps up in a couple years. Give it to the daughter as a 2nd car. It IS a nice peppy golf cart after all, once the heat kills a bunch of the range.

Yes! It's been a while since posting regularly. And my heart goes out to all the newer owners. I often wonder if there are any other of the 1st 1,000 U.S. owners here, that still have their original 21kWh cars - now most likely only ~15kWh's .... or has the pathetic range chased 'em all away. In stead of babying the thing all these years, I should of driven normal. At least then we'd have the Lizard pack as a warranty replacement. maybe we'd still have 65 miles of range now, in stead of 50 on a good day. I'm over the exasperation caused by Corporate Nissan's EV shenanigans - selling the Leaf w/out being more up front about capacity loss. Heck - I still have my 2010 Leaf mouse pad - stating their 1st BS ... of a 100 mile range. Go Nissan.

Thanks for the update! Kudo's to the Better Half for KO'ing Cancer!

Seating position was also important to as my old age tells me that climbing out of a car was not going to work long term. That is the one knock that took a few choices off the table and one reason why I liked my LEAFs.

the other was simply give away lease deals Nissan had to employ to move vehicles. Bad for them, good for me. As far as batteries goes? Up until the 2018, managing them was easy.

The 2018 is still a puzzle I am trying to work out. The usual actions I employed previously to maintain battery numbers are not working here so not sure if its a more realistic BMS I am seeing or I haven't yet stumbled on the correct ingredient. Either way, I am changing jobs to one with MUCH less take home in a completely different field but with benefits I desire in other areas so... probably not the greatest idea but its not like my current job had all that much going for it anyway.

Life is an adventure!

P.S. Love that Priuschat bumper sticker!
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 2483 miles, 490 GIDs, 38.2 Ahr available, SOH 99.30, Hx 114.37
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”