DrStrangeTrick
Delivery Date: 29 Dec 2017
Leaf Number: 064208

Re: OBD2 Bluetooth and 2017 Leaf

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi all, new to the frum but I got this dongle today...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152274230867

Works with Leaf Spy :D

labdove
Delivery Date: 22 May 2023

Tue May 22, 2018 5:51 am

A report I ran on a new one I bought that is supposed to handle high speeds (from some Tesla app builder sources). The app above just test for compatibility not speed tho. "KO" below means not supported as I understand it.
Play madalin stunt cars 2 for free on PC.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Fri May 25, 2018 1:31 am

sonic1 wrote:I found a paper online on data extraction from the OBD port on the leaf. It states that the Leaf protocol is "mode 6 (ISO-15765-4 CAN". I checked several of the OBD dongles on Amazon and found that all of them do not support this protocol. I just ordered an adapter that supports the protocol, and a splitter cable for OBD connectors. When I get and test the adapter I will report the results.

What was the result? Have a link to what you ordered?

I wouldn't bother looking for such protocols. Just use ones that are reported to work recently and/or recommended by Turbo3, author of Leaf Spy.

The two I ordered in July 2015 based upon experiences/guidance here and on the wiki worked just fine.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Fri May 25, 2018 5:09 am

Im wondering if people are having trouble with the Bluetooth obd connector, or the software connection on the phone?

I bought both an android AND Apple version, and they both work... It just takes a little time to get the Leafspy settings correctly....

I remember that the first few times I connected the Bluetooth adapter, leafspy did not recognize the data. I needed to go into the "settings menu" (the little gear picture) and set the correct OBDII choice and then do the password of 1234..

I think we should have a step by step procedure available for new users, because I cannot imagine that so many connecters reportedly do not work on Leafspy.

My reasoning is... All OBDII connectors must be reading the car's OBD plug correctly... (that is a standard interfaces). ALL cell phones should be able to connect to the Bluetooth signal.... (Have you ever heard of a phone that cannot connect to Bluetooth speakers or headphones??) I really think the problem is to get leafspy settings to the proper Bluetooth settings..

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”