CD player

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^
Good catch. I forgot to look for that on the fully loaded '18 SL brought to me for test drive.

From http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2018-nissan-leaf-press-kit Specs tab, SV stereo doesn't mention CD player ("AM/FM with MP3/WMA playback capability, 6 speakers, 7.0-inch color LCD display") and the SL stereo is even more nondescript ("Bose Premium Audio system with 7 speakers"). Only the S stereo mentions CD.

And, from the pics I've seen of the '18 S center stack, it's the carryover stereo from the '13 to '17 S and common in many other non-nav Nissans.

The SL may still have it. Does the 2017 MY Bose system still have the CD player? Anyone...? Given that they just limited the Premium Package to the SL and made it standard, it wouldn't make sense to delete the player, unless Bose wanted to do so, had already done so in 2016 or 2017, or offered Nissan a deal if they could do it in the 2018.

I can see it now: "The Latest Compact Disk Technology - available only in the SL!"

^^^
I don't think the Bose head unit on the '17 Leaf is the same as any '18 Leaf w/Bose.

For '17, http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2017-nissan-leaf-press-kit under Specs says for SV and SL "AM/FM/CD with MP3/WMA CD playback capability, 6 speakers, 7.0-inch color LCD display".

The head unit on the '18 Leaf SL looks nothing like any pre-'18 Leaf OEM head unit I've seen.

FWIW, I don't think Tesla has included nor even made it option to have a CD player in any of their vehicles after the original Roadster. There are numerous complaint threads on this over at "TMC" starting with the Model S.

My ‘17 has it hidden behind the flip up faceplate. The ‘18 has one two but it’s just a slot at the top of the faceplate and not hidden underneath.

I can confirm that the 2018 SV has no CD player. There is a styling line above the faceplate that looks a little like a CD slot, but it isn't one. There was no SL for me to look at.

I test drove a 2018 SL this past weekend. Although I didn't look for a CD player and didn't play with the audio options, I do not recall seeing a CD player in the list of audio sources. It did not appear that the screen tilts (like my 2013) and the maps SD card slot was above the screen, so I don't think one was hidden behind the screen.

According to a sales brochure I got from a local dealer, only the '18 Leaf S has a CD player. Another case of more for less :cool:

jjeff said:
According to a sales brochure I got from a local dealer, only the '18 Leaf S has a CD player. Another case of more for less :cool:
Yes, my 2018 Leaf S has a CD player. It must be an extra to make up for a lack of touch screen or apps usage.

henrydehoja said:
jjeff said:
Yes, my 2018 Leaf S has a CD player. It must be an extra to make up for a lack of touch screen or apps usage.
I suspect the '18 Leaf S stereo is just a minor facelift of the stereo that was in the S trims of '13 to '17 Leafs, a standard Nissan low-end head unit w/CD player.

The head unit was on the '18 SV and SL look almost nothing like the previous SV and SL stereos. That was probably a big redesign and they decided to not include the CD player. On '11 to '17 SV and SL, the CD player and SD cards slots were behind the front panel and there was a motorized assembly to move the front panel, change its angle and hide/show the slots.

Back