Timer Cancellation Issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

My LEAF is a 2013 'S' model.
My default is to have the time activated for night time charging but today is an example of when I want charging to start immediately.
Either a quirk of my car or something in my behavior, but I am only able to cancel the timer by
Powering down the car;
Connecting the charge cable;
then returning to the car and pushing the 'timer off' button.

The manual says that I should be able to cancel the timer before I exit the car and then I have some time to connect the cable.
Am I doing something wrong ? I've thought about going through the menus to turn off the timer function but that is more of an annoyance than the dance between the cable and the button.

That does sound odd.

On my 2013 SV, I simply press the timer override button, while still in the car and with the power off:

immediatechargeswitch.png

The middle blue light on the dash then goes solid blue and gives me roughly 10 minutes to connect to the EVSE. If I don't connect to the EVSE within that time, then the override light goes off and it goes back to timer mode.

Yep, I also have a '13S with a timer basically always set. If I want to override the timer and start charging right away I just push the timer override button(with the car off) and hook up my EVSE, it starts charging right away :)
Note you can also(with the car off) hook up the EVSE first, then push the timer override button, it should start charging right away.
Second Note, it only charges to whatever you've set your 80% option to, if 80% it only charges to 80%, if 100% it should charge to 100%.

Worked today !
I'm not sure what I did wrong before. Perhaps the car was not powered off.

Back