edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Abusive behavior and threats by moderators on MNL.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Since the various poorly-written and contradictory statements by "EVDRIVER" pasted at the bottom of this comment are literally unintelligible, I'll merely sum up my impression of their intended meaning.

I believe I have been subjected not to a warning, but to this threat, "... the site admin will remove your access..."

And since no actual violation of any term of service or standards of behavior are alleged, I will simply conclude from when and where "EVDRIVER"'s abusive actions were taken, that the discussion of TSLA's vehicle safety record in general, and TSLA's record of very high driver death rates, when compared to the much safer records of either other large expensive vehicles, or to other BEVs and PHEVs like the Nissan LEAF and Chevy Volt, is now forbidden on this forum.

If I have misinterpreted "EVDRIVER"'s comments, I'll expect a specific and clear statement of correction from Site Administration.

Until that occurs, I will not resume my regular comments on this forum.

I don't see that I have any alternative, since complying with MNL's demand that I withhold comment would require me (or any other member MNL) to lie by omission, on a subject that quite literally had deadly consequences, not only for the dozens of past fatalities in TSLA vehicle crashes, but also for the much larger number who will undoubtedly die in TSLA vehicle crashes in the future.

I expect I may be back on MNL at some time in the future, one way or another, as TSLA's efforts to suppress discussion of its safety record may well cease after the (nearly) inevitable financial reorganization.

I continue to drive my 2011 LEAF, which to date, after over 60k miles, and well into its eighth Hot Summer, retains nearly 80% of its initial battery capacity, and well-over-100-miles of optimum range. Sorry you will probably miss some updates, at least for a while.

Have a safe July fourth, remember to always drive safely, and don't let this happen to you, or your loved ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcoBcF5ZmHQ

Re: Tesla's vehicle safety record

="EVDRIVER"

Ed, don't start unneeded threads specifically to start an agenda biased thread. You are getting out of hand with this stuff. This is a warning for you to take it back a notch. This thread is locked.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25938

Official Tesla Model S thread

EVDRIVER wrote:Ed,

The moderators and site admin have been discussing your posting behavior for some time for a variety of reasons. There have been complaints from forum members because of your postings, some not returning as a result. It was suggested to remove your access to the site, I argued against this on your behalf some time ago and suggested an additional warning which has since past. There will be no further debate or discussion on this topic and any further complaints will result in your access to the site being removed. You are entitled to your opinion here but you have been excessively disruptive. There will be no further warnings past this point, the site admin will remove your access for a variety of reasons.

EVDRIVER wrote:Ed remains an active member and this is not a matter of being negative on Tesla or someone being a fanboy or not. It is not a matter of opinions either. I’m confident that anyone warned on this site (which is very rare) knows what the issues are. As I have always said everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter how extreme. Ones’s opinion or difference of is not an issue.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2429&start=3560
no condition is permanent

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Re: Abusive behavior and threats by moderators on MNL.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:51 pm

"Until that occurs, I will not resume my regular comments on this forum."

Your ban is long overdue.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
3/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

EVDRIVER

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:08 pm

ED, you were warned many times and you were informed of the consequences. Again, I actually recommended that you get yet another warning when you were going to be banned without one some time ago. Your access remains yet you still continue to insure that will not be the case.
Forum Moderator

mtndrew1

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:06 pm

Like Christmas in July.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range

2013 Nissan Leaf S + QC sold with warranty pack replacement

2015 Kia Soul EV+ Lease returned 10/14/17 45,000 miles w/ 13.8% degradation.

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:07 am

The few posts that Ed writes that are LEAF specific can be informative*; it is the Tesla trolling I want to see stopped. If Ed cannot restrain himself from trolling then good riddance.

*credit where due, I think he was the first to advocate using charging as the best way to assess battery health. That has turned out to be quite prescient ever since the "update" Nissan is foisting on 30 kWh battery owners.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
3/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Ed is over the top and silly, but he doesn’t throw around insults or flame people (as far as I have seen). He just wails hysterically about Tesla and makes overly grim predictions about their future as a company. How is he in trouble, while others who direct personal insults at those who disagree with them are not?

downeykp
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1931

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:54 pm

I totally agree. Where is the bad language and name calling. Sounds like our moderators are Tesla fan boys. Let Ed say what he wants. If you don't like what he has to say don't read it, but don't censor what we as subscribers might want to hear.
This whole episode sounds very Trumpian to me.

jonathanfields4ever wrote:Ed is over the top and silly, but he doesn’t throw around insults or flame people (as far as I have seen). He just wails hysterically about Tesla and makes overly grim predictions about their future as a company. How is he in trouble, while others who direct personal insults at those who disagree with them are not?
2011 Black Leaf SL+QC Vin. 1931
Res. 6-14-10 Order 1-25-11
EVSE: Mod'd Ver. 2 Nissan L1
Delivered 5-31-11

7 years 33000mi. 8 bars

39 Suniva panels 10.3kw with Enphase micro inverters my electricity cost $21.87 a month.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:33 am

downeykp wrote:I totally agree. Where is the bad language and name calling. Sounds like our moderators are Tesla fan boys. Let Ed say what he wants. If you don't like what he has to say don't read it, but don't censor what we as subscribers might want to hear.
This whole episode sounds very Trumpian to me. ...

There are quite literally hundreds if not thousands of pages of Ed saying what he wants. That's hardly censorship. The problem was one of decorum and situational awareness. No matter the intrinsic value of an opinion, excessively dominating the conversation is bothersome. Personally I think such problems are dealt with easily enough by the "friend/foe" feature ( Ed was NOT on my foe list, fwiw), but I respect the right of moderators to make such decisions after repeated requests failed to register.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

RonDawg
Delivery Date: 11 Jan 2013
Leaf Number: 027089

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:11 am

jonathanfields4ever wrote:Ed is over the top and silly, but he doesn’t throw around insults or flame people (as far as I have seen). He just wails hysterically about Tesla and makes overly grim predictions about their future as a company. How is he in trouble, while others who direct personal insults at those who disagree with them are not?

I also agree with this.
Blue Ocean 2012 Leaf SV, lost that 1st bar at 34 months/26,435 miles. Lease returned 2 months later. Final LeafStat figures: 225 Gids, 17.44 kWH, SOC 91.89%, SOH 82.36%, 69.49% HX, 54.57 Ahr, battery temp 61.8 F.
Now driving a 2015 VW eGolf SEL.

dm33
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:35 am

People should not be banned for complaining about Tesla. There’s enough Tesla fanboy coverage. People should be able to express opinion. This does sound like a sign of the times. No place for discussion. Everyone just wants their echo chamber. Attack media, attack open discussion.

There used to be a time that the only things that would ban someone was personal insults or spam.

This forum is generally so negative I can see being banned for saying something positive about Nissan. But speaking negative about Tesla is cause to ban? This is sad. Bigly.

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”