MikeD
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 592

Re: Had new 220 outlet installed but get fault light

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Before a product is simply condemned for one aspect of its operation, I think it is best to consider the totality of all its features along with its perceived shortcomings in order to make a better comparison with competing products.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:03 pm

smkettner wrote:
imwithstoopid wrote:Please be so kind as to let us know just what was the problem and its fix.
As I am finally getting my year old Clipper Creek installed soon. :D
Thanks....... :?:

The issue is with the Nissan L2 EVSE is not compatible with very common 208 volt electric service. Must have 240 volt service.
ClipperCreek is good to go.

This strikes me as strange. If I'm not mistaken, a Japan EVSE would normally see 200V. You'd think they would have made a single EVSE design that could be used in all of LEAF's biggest markets -- Japan, North America, UK
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

davewill

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:43 am

Nubo wrote:This strikes me as strange. If I'm not mistaken, a Japan EVSE would normally see 200V. You'd think they would have made a single EVSE design that could be used in all of LEAF's biggest markets -- Japan, North America, UK

Read the threads. Everyone has been baffled by what seems to be a completely brain dead design limitation.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:53 pm

davewill wrote:
Nubo wrote:This strikes me as strange. If I'm not mistaken, a Japan EVSE would normally see 200V. You'd think they would have made a single EVSE design that could be used in all of LEAF's biggest markets -- Japan, North America, UK

Read the threads. Everyone has been baffled by what seems to be a completely brain dead design limitation.

I've read quite a few and of course failure to accomodate 208V is baffling for the North American market. I don't recall the issue of Japan 200V standard being raised. Perhaps it was, but I'm not going to read every post ever made to find out :P
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”