Where to buy a New 30kwh Battery Module?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Listerjag

Hi,
does anyone know where I can buy a new 30kwh Battery module? I believe the original part number may be 295B9-4NN0A although this part number may be superseded.
I would settle for a good used from a 2017 model car.
Thank you.
Alistair Gilmour

Thanks for your reply, from what I have been told they can only supply if their service department is fitting the replacement module.

Listerjag said:
Thanks for your reply, from what I have been told they can only supply if their service department is fitting the replacement module.

Nissan does not just sell the battery pack like other parts. When they do provide one, they want the old one back. The battery packs are ordered by, and the replacement is done by, the service department. The battery pack also has to be paired with the car. They are not designed to be, or intended to be, user replaceable or serviceable.

The best option to do this, without involving a Nissan dealer, is to find a wrecked Leaf with the correct size battery pack in it. The BMS board will have to be swapped between the battery packs to avoid needing a dealer to pair the battery to the car. This is not a simple task, and will require working with lethal voltage levels.

The biggest obstacle is the cost of the battery pack. Expect to pay around $3,000 for a used one. It would be closer to $10,000 if you could find a dealer that would sell you one.

Thank you,
We have people here in New Zealand that can reprogram the BMS for battery swaps now but I just want to replace the out of balance module not the whole pack.
If I could find a good quality module out of a 2017 car that would work for me as well.

You're not likely to be able to buy a new module from Nissan, they only sell complete packs, with an exchange required. They do module swaps through the dealer service department, but those are not as common. Your best bet is probably ebay to find a few single modules.

Unless they are defective, a few 100% charge cycles should bring them back in balance. Have you tried removing and separately charging the out-of-balance modules?

Thank you. Removing the module and rebalancing is certainly something we are considering but finding a new or near new one is the preferred option.

There is - or used to be - a company in he US that sold new and refurbished modules. I'm blanking on the name. Something like "hybrid auto XXX).''' The modules in my Vectrix came from them.

Back