Wholesale value of the 2015 Leaf @Auction-May '18

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a long absence here are the March 18 wholesale values of the '15 LEAF at wholesale;

2015_LEAF_S_Wholesale_03-14-18.png

2015_LEAF_SV_Wholesale_03-14-18.png

2015_LEAF_SL_Wholesale_03-14-18.png

Yes, the used LEAF market has firmed up considerably over the last two years. Hopefully that will be reflected in the residual values that Nissan assigns for leases for the 2018 and later cars.

This reflects what I’m seeing as well, even on my ‘13.

I listed it for sale last Friday on my lunch break for what I paid for it in October and it was sold by that evening. The guy picks it up tomorrow.

I thought it would take weeks to sell but I had about a dozen inquiries on it in a day. Maybe I under priced it but I didn’t expect the resale market to be so robust.

Thank you OrientExpress!

This also matches the price trends on the CarGurus website here. Price change for the 2015 LEAF, Year-over-Year as reported today: +22%!
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-trends/Nissan-Leaf-d2077

I believe those are average listed prices on CarGurus, not what buyers actually pay, but it matches the trend that OrientExpress sees at auction.

There is a cool chart there too. You can change model years in the chart by ticking boxes lower on the page, and if you adjust the dates in the top left to show the past four years or so and click 'Update Chart' you'll see the price curves go up.

Actually, to me it seems that LEAFs are reverting back to a pretty normal depreciation curve, but for some reason they were very cheap for a while around Spring 2017.

I got a great deal on a 2014 about a year ago and I get giddy every time I look up the price trends.

Here is what is available for the 2015 LEAF for May. There were only SL trims going through auction so far this month, no S or SV trims.

2015_LEAF_SL_Wholesale_05-07-18.png

mtndrew1 said:
I thought it would take weeks to sell but I had about a dozen inquiries on it in a day. Maybe I under priced it but I didn’t expect the resale market to be so robust.
CarMax gave me only $10K offer on my ‘15 with 22K mi. Good to know of how well it went for you.
I may try selling myself.

Back