5-YEAR DEPRECIATION OF $27,170 = USED NISSAN LEAFS ARE A STEAL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alozzy said:
My 2013 SV will probably be the only car I will ever own that actually pays me to own it. Our primary car was a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe, that consumes about 15 l of gas per 100 km (15 mpg) - pretty brutal.

We were consistently spending over $400 per month on gas, prior to buying our LEAF.

Now,
Post a reminder to yourself: avoid 15 mpg guzzlers

Our LEAF is mostly used for around town duties but I enjoy driving it more than our Prius Prime so I took it to the airport yesterday. I knew my wife would want to eat out on the way home, giving us time to recharge the LEAF at a free L2 station near our chosen eatery. In all I spent 35 cents on fuel for the 135 mile round trip.

Not bad.

@SageBrush Yeah, we bought the Santa Fe because it was affordable, decent sized for our family, and my wife liked the high seating position. At the time, gas was fairly cheap so I didn't fight the decision too much. I wanted (and still do) a used 2nd gen Toyota Matrix instead, but you've got to pick your battles ;)

alozzy said:
@SageBrush Yeah, we bought the Santa Fe because it was affordable, decent sized for our family, and my wife liked the high seating position. At the time, gas was fairly cheap so I didn't fight the decision too much. I wanted (and still do) a used 2nd gen Toyota Matrix instead, but you've got to pick your battles ;)
Of all the cars we have owned, my wife remembers the Prius v(agon) as the best fit for her. It was a victim of my preoccupation with *EV, but it otherwise was just about the perfect ICE vehicle.

I still would like to see this clarified. If I purchase a new traction battery for my Leaf, what length of warranty will I get? Does anyone have proof of what this warranty duration is? 24 kWh is? 30 kWh is? 40 kWh is? Again, when I inquired with Nissan I was told the purchase of a traction battery would garner a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. Can anyone clarify with certainty?

This article seems pretty definitive, unless things have changed (unlikely):

https://insideevs.com/breaking-nissan-prices-leaf-battery-replacement-5499-new-packs-heat-durable/

alozzy said:
This article seems pretty definitive, unless things have changed (unlikely):

https://insideevs.com/breaking-nissan-prices-leaf-battery-replacement-5499-new-packs-heat-durable/
Yep.

Here is the Brockman post on MNL:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17168#p374490

SageBrush said:
Evoforce said:
I still would like to see this clarified.
The only definitive proof will come from Nissan.

Give them a call, and ask for the warranty

Now, if you can only trust the one on the phone to give correct information. I say this because I may have been given incorrect information twice before...

Evoforce said:
Now, if you can only trust the one on the phone to give correct information. I say this because I may have been given incorrect information twice before...
Oh, for sure! Ignore anything said, just request a link or copy of the documentation

Back