Too good to be true?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockytherock

I've been looking for a low mileage used leaf and found a gem, but is this too good to be true?
2015 S model
605 miles
$12k

I looked it over for common signs of wear. The tires had most of their tread left and they are apparently the originals. There is little to no wear on the brake and accelerator pedals. The only signs of use are scratches near the door handles which every car has.

The story is that this was a leased car that just sat. The dealership said it was towed in with a dead accessory battery. It must have been outside because I found leaves in the engine compartment. Everything looks clean and not at all worn. It has all its bars. The car fax report is clean.

Even better the power company has incentives for ev's so I was able to get $1000 knocked off the price. I bought it. Maybe I should have waited but I didn't want to miss it. I bought it the next day after it showed up at the dealership.

Too good to be true? Is there a way to see how many times the battery has been charged over the life of the car? Are there any other indicators? I love driving it and it's s wonderful little car.

Steve

A OBD2 Adapter (LELink 2 Configurable Auto On/Off Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android) And Leaf Spy Pro (around $15.00) will fix you right up.

If it was stored at 100% charge for a long time it may not have as much capacity left as you'd expect. You really do need to check it with Leafspy, unless 11 bars is enough range and it shows 12.

Seems about the right price to me. You need to get rid of that gasser mentality and realize that EVs should be evaluated in a completely different way.

The battery unless stored properly (40-50% SOC, ~40ishºF, etc.) is not going to do well. Granted a study of "one" but...

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2018/07/storing-my-2018-leaf.html

Back