Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rhover said:
I think we're pulling the trigger on leasing this 2019 Leaf SL with SL Tech pkg in San Diego at Mossy Nissan:
$36,200 + 650 (Tech) + $895 destination charge = $37,745.00

Somehow with taxes on the rebate (?), they say the Market Value is $40295.

They're going to discount $12,746 (on the third go-around) because we're Costco customers for Vehicle Price (Net after Rebate): $27,549.

With Residual of $15098, 12k miles/yr lease with just our $500 deposit as down payment, the 36 month lease payment is $553.40. It also goes down to $475.57 if we put $3000 down. We have Tier 1 credit.

The Nissan website estimated $456/month for a similar lease but just 10k miles/year. Unfortunately this dealer does not offer 10k miles/yr leases. (We don't drive that much)

Anyone see any glaring issues?
Did you sign (your post is 10 days old)?

Do you still get the $7500 after this? If so, I still don't see how the math works out between the final price and the residual. How is that $553/month?

Honestly I would not pay a nickle over $300/month on a Leaf lease, and that's with $0 DAS (due at signing). So, $18k all in over the 3 years.

I'm currently leasing, 15k miles/year, a luxury car with an MSRP $20k higher than your leaf and I'm paying under $600/month with only $500 DAS--and with those higher miles it means I'm actually paying less than they want on that $37k MSRP leaf.

As for total buy price, I can buy locally a Leaf SL for $22,500 because they are knocking gobs off the top of these and even if they are not there is a power-company discount for everyone in my state (NY) of $5k, so now the sales price is $32k. Then there is another $2k state credit, $7500 federal, so $22,500 for an SL. S they are selling for about $15k. That is a 2019 leaf. These cars are nice for what they are, but don't anybody dare thinking these should cost anything like a lexus/infiniti/cadillac and when I see $500/month+ payment I don't like it.

I was given a quote for 36k out the door for a 2019 LEAF SL with tech package (after negotiation). Is that a good price right now? I feel like it is higher than previous posts (though those were for 2018s).

eplus said:
I was given a quote for 36k out the door for a 2019 LEAF SL with tech package (after negotiation). Is that a good price right now? I feel like it is higher than previous posts (though those were for 2018s).

Yes, that's too high. Lease or buy? You should get at least $4k off MSRP, plus the full federal tax credit if you buy. With a lease you should get at least $5k in total discounts.

LeftieBiker said:
Yes, that's too high. Lease or buy? You should get at least $4k off MSRP, plus the full federal tax credit if you buy. With a lease you should get at least $5k in total discounts.

Thank you! What about 32k out the door on a purchase of 2018 LEAF SV with tech and all weather packages?

LeftieBiker said:
That's better. Discounts vary a lot by region, so you will see much better OTD prices, but that isn't terrible.
Really? Even without including state or federal tax credits?

I'm not sure how much the tech and all-weather packages cost and around here the local utility company has a $3k rebate on top of the state ($5K) and Federal credits. So prices do vary a lot. Also the dealers all know this and adjust their selling tactics accordingly and some sell a lot of Leafs while some don't and just want to get rid of the quirky electric car on their lot...

I haven't done a lot of research on 2018 prices but I'd call that a good solid deal but I can guarantee someone will beat it. A lot of folks will pay more as well. It's a very good price but not exceptional IMHO.

My OTD was 32k. After adding in the 7500 tax credit, the actual cost ends up being 24.5k, which is a great price, right?

eplus said:
My OTD was 32k. After adding in the 7500 tax credit, the actual cost ends up being 24.5k, which is a great price, right?

With the limited incentives Nissan is offering right now I think that is a pretty good deal. That's gotta be close to $7k off MSRP.

eplus said:

If you can take advantage of the full federal tax credit, I think that is a decent price.

We couldn’t, so we leased an base SV. Dealer took $4000 off MSRP and Nissan offered $9500 lease credit, and CO gave $2500 rebate.

I think the lease credit has dropped since then.

2018 SV - All Weather + Tech (ProPilot)
Blue
OTD: 32,000 (price includes: all dealer fees, NC EV registration, 3% sales tax, $3,000 NC Duke Energy rebate included)

Take it and run or negotiate down further?

LeftieBiker said:
It looks like the dealer isn't discounting at all - just relying on the Duke Energy rebate to make the sale. Offer at least $2k lower.
The SV with both packages is usually around 37k for MSRP, so there's significant discounting from my experience. Are people really getting 10k off before tax, fees, etc.?

As for offering 2k lower, definitely go for it, and let us know how it goes.

LeftieBiker said:
I believe that Nissan is offering something like $4k in incentives? I'm talking about the dealer price, not the MSRP.
Oh, would that end up being 4k under invoice that the dealer actually pays for the car?

Dealer invoice is a tricky business. It's been pretty much a scam for decades, with manufacturers colluding to slip money passed it. I'm talking about discounts taken from whatever price is posted on the lot, NOT counting rebates from third parties. I've been out of the market for over 6 months, but others here can point you to prices OTD right now. If the SV with Tech & Cold Weather packages is rare in your area, that may be your best price.

Back