Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does one know if they’re getting a good deal? Sounds like there will always be that mystery of what the agreement is between the dealer and the manufacturer.

eplus said:
LeftieBiker said:
It looks like the dealer isn't discounting at all - just relying on the Duke Energy rebate to make the sale. Offer at least $2k lower.
The SV with both packages is usually around 37k for MSRP, so there's significant discounting from my experience. Are people really getting 10k off before tax, fees, etc.?

As for offering 2k lower, definitely go for it, and let us know how it goes.

UPDATE: $3K Duke Energy rebate CANNOT be combined with the $4K incentive for NMAC financing. It seems all the dealers are settling firm around $32K OTD. I guess we'll see when I walk in what it really will be like.

Yep probably offer 30K when i show up. It means without taxes and fees and including the $3K Duke energy rebate then the actual sale price is around 28,750. Even at $32K OTD, and taking out the Duke Energy rebate of $3K, it means they are still discounting it by about $3.5K ($37K-$4K + taxes, fees, etc.). Just in the last week, I've seen the similar SV units (some with all weather + tech, some just tech, etc.) move pretty quickly at multiple dealers in the area, so I feel like they think they will move just as fast at $32K OTD. One dealer was not at all excited with this OTD price, while another is committed to having me sign today (I'm taking my time though.)

The days of $10K off only applied to the 2017 / 2016 units as that was literally right before they were starting production on the 2018 units.

But the fact that pricing here is mysterious, is another reason why many hate going to car dealers, because you never really know what the price is. It all depends on your negotiation skills, which it really shouldn't. One of the Nissan salespeople was honest and even informed me that he doesn't even get to see the official "hold back" or incentives that are given to the dealership as a whole each time a vehicle is sold. In some cases, they can be $5,000+ even AFTER you negotiate down the price for a small sedan. Who knows what the going rate of "hold back" is being applied to LEAFs these days....

I am looking at a 2018 Nissan Leaf SV with all weather packagte, tech package, cargo mats, splash guards, cargo cover

$37,000 MSRP

Less
Dealer Discount $2000
Model Year Savings: $2000
Nisaan Bonus Cash: $2500
NNMAC Captive Cash: $1000

NET $30,000

What is your thought on this pricing? Is the dealer discount sufficient? Is it unrealistic to think I can do better?

Tom

TomP10 said:
I am looking at a 2018 Nissan Leaf SV with all weather packagte, tech package, cargo mats, splash guards, cargo cover
NET $30,000
What is your thought on this pricing? Is the dealer discount sufficient? Is it unrealistic to think I can do better?
Without seeing the tax and fees on yours, it's hard to say. The out the door price should be 32k or less since that's the best deal I'm seeing.

TomP10 said:

$37,000 MSRP

Less
Dealer Discount $2000
Model Year Savings: $2000
Nisaan Bonus Cash: $2500
NNMAC Captive Cash: $1000

NET $30,000

Tom
Looks like a good deal, I personally went for the SL at 38.5K and paid 35K out the door with dealer, state fees etc. back in June.

NET after federal tax rebate is $22,500 - Can't complain for what you are getting overall right?

techiefan said:
I personally went for the SL at 38.5K and paid 35K out the door with dealer, state fees etc. back in June.

NET after federal tax rebate is $22,500 - Can't complain for what you are getting overall right?
Are you including a state a tax credit as well, like the $5,000 in Colorado?

eplus said:
techiefan said:
I personally went for the SL at 38.5K and paid 35K out the door with dealer, state fees etc. back in June.

Are you including a state a tax credit as well, like the $5,000 in Colorado?

I think the OP for this price quote has not confirmed if that "NET" price includes taxes, fees, etc. If it does include all the fees and sales tax it's a very good deal I think. If not, then it seems in line with the deals we are getting OTD in NC. ($32K).

Just took advantage of this rebate

https://www.eversource.com/content/docs/default-source/save-money-energy/nissan-leaf-flyer.pdf?sfvrsn=3e34c262_12

and traded my 2015 S for a 2019 SV. Circumstances changed and the 2015 range was no longer meeting my needs. Really liking the e-pedal and adaptive cruise control.

2019 SV pearl white all weather package.

joeriv said:
This rebate is for a 2018 Leaf - how did you get this for a 2019?

Not sure but they said no problem just needed a copy of my electric bill

Listed here under Milford Nissan
https://drivegreen.greenenergyconsumers.org/form_deals.php

I went through this with another CT dealer and they were quite specific, as is stated in the circular, that this is only for a 2018 and can not be used with any other Nissan incentives. If you get it, either the incentive was changed or something “interesting “ is going on.

joeriv said:
I went through this with another CT dealer and they were quite specific, as is stated in the circular, that this is only for a 2018 and can not be used with any other Nissan incentives. If you get it, either the incentive was changed or something “interesting “ is going on.

I also went to another closer dealer and got a bunch of no’s also. Called Milford and they said they are one of the biggest Leaf dealers, had 22 new on the lot and no used in stock because they sell quick. They said they had no problem using it on a 2019.
I was there when he called because there was a problem, the electric bill was in my wife’s name only. Person on the other end said as long the address was the same it was good to go. Sooo. I know there’s fudge room on a trade but was expecting $7000 got $8000, plus $7500 discount/rebate. Also Mass has $2,500 state and the $7,500 federal. Math on my 2015 ended up being $120 month 40 months not counting what was Owed $11,000. Trade was in good not great shape. Had a dent, some scrapes and a previous accident. 12 bars still but I expect one dropping soon. 49,500 miles.

Drove there in my 2015 all highway slow 55 MPH, no heat in eco. Got there with “- -“. On the way home in the 2019 nice heat 75 MPH and had 80 left on the “guess o meter”

New here, just picked up my 2019 SV with Tech and some other items (MSRP was 36.5k). We don't have any incentives from Nissan here in Arizona minus some APR stuff but we do get a $3k fleet rebate through either utility, which I used. Got them to 29.5 with the fleet rebate and OTD was about 32.5k. Started messing with my taxes as well and it looks like I'll be able to use $7498 out of the $7.5k federal tax credit so that's great as well. Think I got a decent deal and the car has been great so far. First EV and loving it

No, not really, I live in east Mesa. For instance, we'll get to 45 tonight where I'm at so not chilly but will get into the 30s at times during the winter. And in the summer if we get into the 80s at night, it's cool for us ha :) Definitely interested to see how it does during the summer here. Commute is about 95 miles round trip and we have charging stations at work.

pecora55 said:
No, not really, I live in east Mesa. For instance, we'll get to 45 tonight where I'm at so not chilly but will get into the 30s at times during the winter. And in the summer if we get into the 80s at night, it's cool for us ha :) Definitely interested to see how it does during the summer here. Commute is about 95 miles round trip and we have charging stations at work.

Realizing this is off-topic:
We have a garage here in Houston - I have monitored the garage floor temps and battery temps and have been amazed how stabilizing (cooling) the garage can be. Of course the opposite effect when compared to having to park on hot, black pavement during the daytime. If you can find a shady spot to park during work hours, it can make quite a difference in overall average battery temps during the extremely hot summer months. I don't have to quick charge and limited to 3.3 kw power, so temp rise due to charging (mainly at night) is not a problem. I do keep battery degradation information and post periodically (have a replacement lizard battery).

^^ Absolutely.
We mostly use our LEAF for errands and make a game of finding parking in the shade. If we stretch our legs a bit in walking to the destination then even better. At home during the day we park under a tree on dirt with a dead plant life cover. My monthly temperature checks of the battery have always been below 80F although daytime ambient summer temps usually peak in the 90s. It of course helps that our night times temps are usually in the 60s F.

Data and Graphs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zBEAULcfXKy08hfD4LOOdLqTLnBfcpieqn2ASrMJV7Y/edit?usp=sharing

Back