5% OFF of MSRP! That's > $1600 below

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

Hello Everyone!

Good news for the SF Bay area and beyond! Just got an email from NorthBay Nissan that they will discount the Leaf for 5% off of MSRP! They are in Petaluma, CA, just a little north of the Bay Area.

Please contact:

Victor Maldonado - [email protected] or 707-241-5660
Ron Coury - [email protected] or 707-773-3523 ext#238

----------------------
"It was great speaking with you today and yes I will give you and anyone in the SF Bay Area group or outside the group 5% off of MSRP... My direct email address is: [email protected]. I cannot offer free shipping due to the large discount we have already offered for anyone."

Regards,
Ron Coury
North Bay Nissan
eCommerce Director
email: [email protected]
Phone: 707-773-3523 ext#238

trentr said:
Hello Everyone!

Good news for the SF Bay area and beyond! Just got an email from NorthBay Nissan that they will discount the Leaf for 5% off of MSRP! They are in Petaluma, CA, just a little north of the Bay Area.

Please contact:

Victor Maldonado - [email protected] or 707-241-5660
Ron Coury - [email protected] or 707-773-3523 ext#238

----------------------
"It was great speaking with you today and yes I will give you and anyone in the SF Bay Area group or outside the group 5% off of MSRP... My direct email address is: [email protected]. I cannot offer free shipping due to the large discount we have already offered for anyone."

Regards,
Ron Coury
North Bay Nissan
eCommerce Director
email: [email protected]
Phone: 707-773-3523 ext#238

Thanks Trent! My math says $1700 off (SL). I wonder how much to ship to AZ and how much it would be to lease?

All these dealers discounting the Leaf makes mewonder
a... are they running. Scared from possible. Competition from the volt, etc

B, the markup. Is really. That high

C, the demand is not as high as we are led to believe

Either way, i am pleased. To see all the posts from dealers here

DaveinOlyWA said:

B, the markup. Is really. That high

It would be interesting to hear what is required from a dealer to be certified to sell the Leaf.

Do they need to put in L3 charging? L2 charging? - what's that going to cost them.

What is their cost for specialized training for both servicing and sales?

What is their cost for any new Leaf specific tools needed to service the E part of the V.

Is it higher then the cost of any other new vehicle, and if so - is Nissan offering more margin to compensate?

This is the dealer I plan to use. Met them at a EV meeting a few weeks ago. Especially after I heard they are planning to put in a L3 charger (cost to them $41,000). Good deal.

MaryC

MaryC said:
This is the dealer I plan to use. Met them at a EV meeting a few weeks ago. Especially after I heard they are planning to put in a L3 charger (cost to them $41,000). Good deal.

MaryC

Sounds like a GREAT deal! :D

DaveinOlyWA said:

Non of them.

Think about it. For just doing a bit of computer ordering you can make money. No sales cost, no inventory cost. So, why not ?

Gonewild said:
Very interesting I wonder if the dealer I am planning will match the price. Hint Hint!!

If he doesn't, would you go with the SF Bay one? It's like twice the distance I think. I think if Avondale would match the 1K, we could go with them.

leaffan said:
Thanks Trent! My math says $1700 off (SL). I wonder how much to ship to AZ and how much it would be to lease?

Great deal so far! I am planning on getting an SL. They are 73 miles from me in the East Bay of SF. :)

Wow. That's great.

I'm down in Mountain View. google maps says 79.9 miles (highway). Can i make the trip back on one charge? :)

Also, i've got 9.25% tax down here. Petaluma has 9.0%. Does that even matter?

Hmmmm....

Tango said:
Wow. That's great.

I'm down in Mountain View. google maps says 79.9 miles (highway). Can i make the trip back on one charge? :)

Hmmmm....

No matter where I get it, since I'm leasing, I'm going to have to pay our tax here in AZ which is 9.3%.

Tango said:
Wow. That's great.

Hmmmm....
For California residents: sales tax is based on your residence zip code (or whatever address you use to register the car). Where you buy it (even out of state) makes NO difference. If you buy in-state the dealer will charge your home-zip-code's tax rate. If you buy out-of-state the dealer should not charge ANY sales tax, and when it gets registered with DMV you pay the DMV a "use tax" equal to the what you would have paid as sales tax for an in-state purchase.

Lease is same, if in-state: monthly pro-rated sales tax of home-zip-code. Don't know how they handle lease payments for out of state acquisition, should also be same, but not sure how an out-of-state dealer can handle that.

Well, at 464 miles from Petaluma to my home in southern Orange Co, the "trip" home might be done in 6 legs of 75 miles each.

Perhaps a 3 day adventure, if I can find suitable spots for L2 charging along the way.

Assuming I have a Levitron (or other) plug-in L2 EVSE and several socket adapters with me, I would be able to use RV park sockets, old and new style dryer sockets, or even two "opposite phase" 120v sockets. Of course public charging stations might help, but they might not be "available", and they might have a "max-occupancy" time limit.

Does anybody have good suggestions (or invitations) for stop-overs for an early (possibly) February trip?

Private charging would be more dependable and FUN, including meeting people, chatting, showing off the new LEAF, and giving rides (when desired). :)

I will also have the L3 option on the SL, so even one or two available L3 e-stations could be a big help.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

garygid said:
Well, at 464 miles from Petaluma to my home in southern Orange Co, the "trip" home might be done in 6 legs of 75 miles each.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.
By then ... I imagine some sort of adapter might exist (or could be borrowed) whereby you can charge at either a legacy (or upgraded) Avcon or Tesla public (or private) station along the 101 corridor. ( I know of a Mini-E driver that did a round-trip from SoCal to Davis and back using Tesla (& other) stations. )

Back