What is your plan for the 31st ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

What is your strategy to place your final orders quickly ? Just waiting for the Nissan email and quickly doing your part by sending the request for a quote isn't good enough ... right ?

I'd suggest to people anticipating order mails on Tuesday (Aug 31st) to
- Firm up the dealer you would ask for a quote
- Make that dealer your preferred dealer in your Nissan Leaf site account
- Talk and decide with your dealer how you will handle the request, how fast they will respond etc. You don't want them to be sitting on your quote request for days ....

Any other suggestions ?

edit : Changed to 31st.

How about if Nissan actually send as a warning shot on when the order email will arrive instead of waiting and guessing? :roll:

evnow said:
Talk and decide with your dealer how you will handle the request, how fast they will respond etc. You don't want them to be sitting on your quote request for days ....

Any other suggestions ?

There is not a single dealer in the country that will be "sitting on your quote request for days". Every dealer that has potential August orders will respond as quickly as possible. The sooner they process your request, the sooner you are locked in to that dealer. I don't know (nor does anyone else as far as I know) how many orders Nissan is allowing each dealer to process each day, but they are not going to just "open the floodgates". I'm sure that they have a certain allotment each day to allow for each dealer to be able to process these. Remember, they will still have their regular business to attend to, so Nissan is not going to allow LEAF orders to overwhelm any one dealer.

LEAFguy said:
There is not a single dealer in the country that will be "sitting on your quote request for days".

Well, if they respond on Monday, that is sitting for days. ;)

I have three dealers on my short list. All have promised to meet or beat the $1000 off MSRP.
I will call each when I get the email from Nissan to RAQ.
I will confirm our pricing arrangement verbally, and whomever is lowest (and picks up the phone) will get the RAQ within 5 mins.
Some dealers are plugged in to the process and some are "just selling another car". I just got off the phone with one close to me that said if I don't accept the quote from dealer X then Nissan "puts me at the back of the line".
And "dealer X could mark it up over $2000 when it comes time to quote." I called b.s. on this statement with the dealer and explained that I may be tied up with that dealer for 24 hours but I won't go to the back of the line. And the internet commentary will be merciless with their tactics so stop with the FUD.
The response was "you seem to be one of the more knowledgeable customers about the Leaf".
Why do I have to be? I suspect the folks here are a very small contingent of the total early Leaf buyers and dealers don't figure we amount to enough sales to be concerned.
So far Leon at Mossy, Danny at Fontana and Gordon at SB Nissan have been quite straight and "plugged in" to the Leaf buying process. I appreciate their contributions to this new car buying experience.

There shouldn't be more than 20 or so emails that go out to each 'rollout state' on the 27th. Sept 1 if I remember correctly will be the 2nd wave of emails. The easy orders will be RRS or (Requested, Replied and Submitted) to Nissan (for some Dealers) that same day...atleast that's how I'm planning to service my customers. No dinking around play dealer-games and procrastinating, just service the order as we promised and help the customer to receive the LEAF asap. The real fun part is placing my very own order!! (Marv Albert, "YES!!! and it counts!!!) :lol:

deetime7767 said:
The real fun part is placing my very own order!! (Marv Albert, "YES!!! and it counts!!!) :lol:

So, what are you quoting yourself ? Let us know whether you accepted it, later :lol:

deetime7767 said:
There shouldn't be more than 20 or so emails that go out to each 'rollout state' on the 27th. Sept 1 if I remember correctly will be the 2nd wave of emails. The easy orders will be RRS or (Requested, Replied and Submitted) to Nissan (for some Dealers) that same day...atleast that's how I'm planning to service my customers. No dinking around play dealer-games and procrastinating, just service the order as we promised and help the customer to receive the LEAF asap. The real fun part is placing my very own order!! (Marv Albert, "YES!!! and it counts!!!) :lol:

What time (PDT) do you think the emails will be sent out on the 27th?

What's my plan for the 27th? ECOtality is coming out for my EVSE assessment in the morning. But I guess I won't be submitting my Leaf order now.... sniff, sniff.

I'd suggest people with August orders to check the website after midnight central time. In case it is date based ...

evnow said:
I'd suggest people with August orders to check the website after midnight central time. In case it is date based ...

Even if it is on after midnight, the dealer isn't going to receive it until morning when they come in, so someone ordering after midnight may be no further ahead than someone that orders later Tues. morning.

Back