Leaf Orders delayed (till Tuesday Aug 31st)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg (of Rairdon Nissan in Auburn),

1. Do the Customer/Dealer Dashboards still need more work to be un-buggy?

2. Has the final Dealer cost/pricing info from Nissan been delayed?

3. Has handling options (like Quick-Charge) not yet been finalized?

4. Or, Other?

Would be interesting if the Aug people order on the 31st, and the Sept people order on the 1st...would make it very important to get your dealer quote and acceptance quickly.

:)

Gavin

garygid said:
2 days, 4 days ... who's counting? :)

Oh, that's right, MANY are.

Makes my September date feel closer, and not so bad.

May be they will have the Aug orders after the Sep orders ;-)

ps : That would definitely happen if Nissan accepts my request to move me to Aug order :evil:

Still waiting on at least pictures of the options for the Leaf. Any word on when they will be available? So much for keeping my calendar clear tomorrow.

evnow said:
May be they will have the Aug orders after the Sep orders ;-)

ps : That would definitely happen if Nissan accepts my request to move me to Aug order :evil:

It's not a joke. Someone was told by Nissan that some Sept. orders could arrive before some Aug. orders. I wonder though if they will delay the Sept. orders for the 1st.?

What I understand is they want to make absolutelty sure the system works. "Nissan wants to make sure the process is bullet proof and wanted to further test the process and site since this is a ground break order process and customer driven . This will not affect production ". That's the word. I am as ready to go as you are, but if I need to wait a couple of extra days so this runs well I'm for that.

Maybe the delay is my fault?

I did spend over an hour on the phone with a Customer Support "supervisor" on Tuesday. I suggested:

1. They determine FOR SURE that NOT having an AV assessment scheduled would NOT delay the "quote/order" process in any way.

2. That I (in CA, and others) want to order the Quick-Charge option (or get it dealer-added by mid 2011 or so at a reasonable price). Explained how it would give the LEAF more of a "real-car" capability, as opposed to being perceived as just a "macho" NEV.

3. Since he/they could not answer these questions (and had only seen mock-ups of the Customer Dashboard) that they should AT LEAST "play" being a customer on the REAL Dashboard system, both to thoroughly test the new web site, supporting software, and database, and ... that only then would they be prepared to answer customer's questions on Friday.

4. I further suggested that failures in these areas would likely result is ugly "PR" reports in the media, and that I REALLY wanted the EV "revolution" to be wildly successful, and was willing to help them in any way.

He promised to find answers to #1 and #2, and call me back on Wednesday.

When he called on Wed., he said:
1. the lack of "AV" (and this "waiver" thing) would not delay the quoting or ordering at all.

2. He was unable to confirm the wide availability of the Quick-Charge option, but the thinking was that "all of CA" would be able to select that option for the SL.

3. I explained how the QC option was POSSIBLE for the SV also, because all EVProject LEAFs, SV and SL, were (apparently) going to get it. He did not seem know that.

So, I really doubt I REALLY changed anything, ...
but MAYBE the 4-day delay was my fault! :)

All we got from Nissan was:
"Start of Leaf Orders are officially delayed. Revised launch: Tuesday, August 31st." That came from the Electric Vehicle Operations Manager, and although his cell phone number was in the email, I think he'd personally kill me if I unleashed it to our rabid EV hound dogs. :lol:

Oh well. Tuesday is better for me. Right now i am dealing with The end of the month rush. Tuesday the last day of the month If we have not Gotten it together By then It won't matter Plus i have Tuesday off ( knock on wood)

THANKS gary. We are all waiting here on pins and needles.. I have to wait 4 more days... dang. Well I can agonize over my color choice some more. (Will Red make the car, and the battery hotter than silver will? Anybody have any more real world pictures of cayenne red?)
-Peter

garygid said:
Maybe the delay is my fault?

So, I really doubt I REALLY changed anything, ...
but MAYBE the 4-day delay was my fault! :)

Back