What is the normal "documentation fee" in Arizona?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrich

My preferred dealer is charging a $300 documentation fee. In Arizona, is this fee set by the state, locally, or the dealer?

$300 seems pretty high. Am I right? I only buy a car every 8 to 10 years so I don't know about this stuff.

This topic was discussed At length At priuschat.com. a member of the prius prioroty purchase program has the exact same question. He was the first in the southwest to Get a 2010 prius in pretty sure he is fees were around 400 dollars.

Each state has a maximum Document fee. They vary from as little as 50 dollars to as much as 500

Azrich said:
My preferred dealer is charging a $300 documentation fee. In Arizona, is this fee set by the state, locally, or the dealer?

$300 seems pretty high. Am I right? I only buy a car every 8 to 10 years so I don't know about this stuff.

That's the cheapest I've seen in AZ. Most are $350-400, so you are saving $50! ;)

Yikes. I'm used to Cali, which is around $50. See if they'll let you run the paperwork to the MVD yourself to save that money. That's really expensive... :x

leaffan said:
Carlos said:
Avondale is $379....... But the paper clip is free

Carlos, are you buying or did you buy from Avondale?

I bought (actually just ordered) from Avondale.
They gave me a fair price and I kept the $$$ local.

Waiting now for a delivery date update on the Control Panel...... Maybe December?????

Cheers

Carlos said:
leaffan said:
Carlos said:
Avondale is $379....... But the paper clip is free

Carlos, are you buying or did you buy from Avondale?

I bought (actually just ordered) from Avondale.
They gave me a fair price and I kept the $$$ local.

Waiting now for a delivery date update on the Control Panel...... Maybe December?????

Cheers

I would have loved to buy locally, but they wouldn't go below MSRP so I will save over $2000 going out of state...just couldn't turn that much savings down.

Back