Quote questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafster

Hi, got my quote and the dealer had a line item called D & L, does anyone know what that means?

Could be, but at the bottom of the page the Nissan description says: Cost of the home installation dock, processing fees, tax title license, destination & handling charges are not included. The value of any trade-ins will be determined and applied at a later date.

With respect to the disclaimers on the quote page....I'm getting the feeling that some dealers like to quote in a way that's not completely compatible with what Nissan setup. Or maybe they don't know? Either way, many are quoting MSRP with destination, factory options, and accessory items included. However, I have not yet seen any dealer do this with license fees. If in doubt about any particular fee, be up front and ask your dealer.

leafster said:
Hi, got my quote and the dealer had a line item called D & L, does anyone know what that means?

A quick call to the dealer ? Anyway, how much is the D&L quote ?

leafster said:

It's either D & H (destination and handling) or T & L (tax and license). Maybe it's a type o..

It is open to the dealer to how they want to setup the price structure as Nissan has left it pretty open ended. I personally have been just doing MSRP + Added Options + Destination & Handling since everyone will have to pay. Tax, Lic, Title and Doc Fee's I leave out. Again when doing your quote these are not binding contracts with you or the dealer. Please do contact your dealer of choice and have them clear up any information as all deals may not be set up the same from dealer to dealer.

I have not been able to order yet, but I visited with my dealer and got the following (MSRP) quote, in writing:

Leaf SL: $33,720
Freight: $800
Floor mats: $170
Splash guards: $140
License fee: $93.50
Total: $34,923.50

I explicitly asked if this would be my out-the-door price, the FULL amount of the check I would have to write to drive away in the car, and he said Yes. This is also the amount he will put in the quote, Nissan's disclaimer notwithstanding.

The only way to be sure is to chat with your dealer, since different dealers are quoting different ways. The best thing is to reach an agreement with your dealer before you submit your request for quote on line. Then the on-line thing is just telling Nissan that you've reached an agreement with a specific dealer.

Note that the $99 deposit is between you and Nissan, and has nothing to do with the dealer. The dealer will not deduct it from your price. Nissan will refund the $99 to your credit card once you are no longer on the waiting list. It does not matter whether you buy the car, or choose to drop off the waiting list, or order the car and then decide not to buy it. Once you are no longer "waiting," Nissan will credit the $99 back to your card. This is as per a live chat I had with them on their web site. Expect bugs. Some folks will probably have to raise a stink to get their $99. But Nissan has promised to return it.

daniel said:
I have not been able to order yet, but I visited with my dealer and got the following (MSRP) quote, in writing:

What?? No sales tax??

FontanaNissan said:
evnow said:
derkraut said:
CA sales tax is around $3000.00!! And, we're broke!! :oops:

And you get 5,000 off ! :shock:

Sounds like derkraut is staying here in CA.. :lol:

And I get $5000 off "MAYBE". Due to my projected delivery date (Jan order, delivery in April or so). I'll believe it when I see it in my tax refund. :|

derkraut said:
And I get $5000 off "MAYBE". Due to my projected delivery date (Jan order, delivery in April or so). I'll believe it when I see it in my tax refund. :|

My projection is that about 1500 or so Californians would have got their Leas by then. Not sure where the funds stand now ... but I think by following the advice of others in this forum who are tracking this closely - you can beat the crowd.

ChicoBob said:
daniel said:

What?? No sales tax??

LOL!! u might be shocked to learn how many" double dippers" are on this website. They actually exempt all high mileage vehicles.

I took delivery of a $30,000 Prius in may 2009 tax free with discount. My out the door price was$ 28,600

daniel said:
Note that the $99 deposit is between you and Nissan, and ha nothing to do with the dealer. The dealer will not deduct it from your price. Nissan will refund the $99 to your credit card once you are no longer on the waiting list. It does not matter whether you buy the car, or choose to drop off the waiting list, or order the car and then decide not to buy it. Once you are no longer "waiting," Nissan will credit the $99 back to your card. This is as per a live chat I had with them on their web site. Expect bugs. Some folks will probably have to raise a stink to get their $99. But Nissan has promised to return it.

I ordered September first Should i get that Deposit refund back now or when a take delivery in december?

Back