LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Guzziboy wrote:I live in New Hampshire USA. Summers are 80+ deg F and winters can be below Zero. Car will be 75% winter use as I ride a motorcycle during summertime. Total daily range needed to get to work and back is 80 miles. And I can charge at work.

Then between Nissan's capacity warranty ( if they don't manage to change it) and work charging, range shouldn't be an issue, and degradation should be at least "not very rapid."
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

techiefan
Delivery Date: 27 May 2018
Leaf Number: 304600

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:07 am

Guzziboy wrote:First time post. I just left the Nissan Dealer and have both a purchase and a lease deal in writing on a 2018 Leaf SV with winter package. I think Rapidgate is really hurting sales now. Seems like a good deal. And the cars aren’t moving I guess. Rapidgate isn’t a huge deal to me as the car will be a daily winter commuter mostly.
The purchase deal
MSRP $34,925
Sales price $31,408
Doc fees $500
Utility rebate $5000
That means without anything down the total price is $26,908 and they have offered 0% financing. Include the $7500 fed tax credit and the cost out of my pocket is $19,407. I think that’s pretty good!

The Lease deal
3yr/36000 Miles, $1000 down $399/month with a buyout of $11,900 at lease end.

I think I’m going to purchase... any thoughts?

are you sure you are entitled to $7500 on a lease? Either way it's a good deal with the utility rebate, unless you commute more than 120 miles a day it's a no brainer.

No tax
Rebates
3K discount from Nissan

I personally don't think rapidgate is hurting sales, it's just EV sales in general and many are waiting for the next big thing.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 am

are you sure you are entitled to $7500 on a lease?

All that matters with the lease offer is the actual numbers to be paid. (It should be noted that the "discount" from Nissan was their measly kickback to the lessee after taking the whole tax credit themselves.) The purchase deal is of more concern, as many don't owe that much in taxes for one year.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Guzziboy
Delivery Date: 19 Aug 2018

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:25 am

Sadly when I went to pick up the car. Nissan informed the dealer that the utility rebate was off msrp only and the other discounts couldn’t be combined. They tried to talk me into leasing the car but I walked away. Bummer because I think it’s a fantastic car but the deal has to be fair enough to outpace the rapid depreciation on these cars.

Guzziboy

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:30 am

are you sure you are entitled to $7500 on a lease? Either way it's a good deal with the utility rebate, unless you commute more than 120 miles a day it's a no brainer.

No tax
Rebates
3K discount from Nissan

I personally don't think rapidgate is hurting sales, it's just EV sales in general and many are waiting for the next big thing.[/quote]

The $7500 tax credit goes to the leasing company so lease credit would have been $8175 in this case. But I’m not interested in leasing. In my humble opinion it’s the worst way to finance a vehicle.

collinobremski
Delivery Date: 22 Aug 2016

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:36 am

Guzziboy wrote:Sadly when I went to pick up the car. Nissan informed the dealer that the utility rebate was off msrp only and the other discounts couldn’t be combined. They tried to talk me into leasing the car but I walked away. Bummer because I think it’s a fantastic car but the deal has to be fair enough to outpace the rapid depreciation on these cars.

Guzziboy, I’ve been working on a similar deal to what you tried. For the discount off MSRP, was the dealer using any othe Nissan incentives to get to that price, or was that the dealer discount? I was hoping that if I could get the dealer to go lower on price without using any incentives through Nissan, the extra 3k from the utility promo would work.

Guzziboy

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:46 am

collinobremski wrote:
Guzziboy wrote:Sadly when I went to pick up the car. Nissan informed the dealer that the utility rebate was off msrp only and the other discounts couldn’t be combined. They tried to talk me into leasing the car but I walked away. Bummer because I think it’s a fantastic car but the deal has to be fair enough to outpace the rapid depreciation on these cars.

Guzziboy, I’ve been working on a similar deal to what you tried. For the discount off MSRP, was the dealer using any othe Nissan incentives to get to that price, or was that the dealer discount? I was hoping that if I could get the dealer to go lower on price without using any incentives through Nissan, the extra 3k from the utility promo would work.

I guess Nissan has several rebate deal agreements with utilities but it is essentially the same markdown as what you can get straight through the dealer. They haven’t educated their dealers properly how these work and thats why they initially quoted me the lower price. Essentially the difference was $3500 higher when they straightened it out with Nissan. I guess I’ll keep driving my 27 year old Volvo 240 another winter lol. It’s more than paid for itself. ;)

teslaEmployee
Delivery Date: 27 Sep 2018

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:37 pm

I have received a quote for Silver 2018 Leaf SV model with tech and protection package (MSRP 36,200). Most dealerships in bay area have this combo.

The out-the-door price with tax/title/license is $31,174. There are a bunch of incentives going on right now (VPP, Loyalty, NMAC, Dealer cash). There is also a 0% financing offer.

Just putting this info out there if it helps other buyers or if others know better prices.

Joe6pack
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 025854

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Doesn't California have a state incentive or is that no longer available.
2012 Leaf SL leased October 4th, 2012
Braselton, GA

debuggr

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Joe6pack wrote:Doesn't California have a state incentive or is that no longer available.

It does, and it is (subject to income limits). https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”