LEAF2017
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2017
Leaf Number: 305540

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:29 pm

hackdroot wrote:
EVftw wrote:https://ngtnews.com/nissan-leaf-program-wisconsin-extends-incentive-offers

More data points.

Great deal. If I could get 10k MSRP off a 2017 SV, I would jump on it. I keep seeing this reference for "Fighting Chance car buying method". Is that the "email your terms to all local dealers" method?

Be careful of what you wish because you may just get it. :lol:

I got mine $10K off MSRP with a Nissan fleetail incentive.
Last week while I was visiting the dealership to have my NissanConnect activated, my salesman told me that if I find anyone who is interested to buy a Nissan Leaf 2017, they will offer the same deal.
Basically they will give you $10K off MSRP like they did to me.
So naturally, the next question is, will you take a bite?

I also noticed that they had new delivery of Leaf 2017 that they had to park them in every nook and cranny they could find on their already cramped huge lot. I saw white, red, blue, gray ones. There may be more that I didn't see elsewhere on the lot.

Nissan is dumping their 2017 model because of the upcoming 2018 model. So bargain hard and I think you will get a better deal than mine.

My deal in short:
-Nissan Leaf 2017 SV with 3 options: cargo cover (a must have), floor + cargo mats, splash guards.
-$35755 MSRP - $10k Nissan incentive
-0% down, 2.75% interest for 84 months (7 years). I took a loan from my bank at slightly higher rate for convenience sake. I will pay off the car in 2 years anyway.
-Federal tax credit (next year) $7500. I will qualify for the maximum credit.
-California State Rebate $2500
-PG&E Rebate $500
-ChargePoint Rebate for enrolling in the EV-B program with PG&E for 12 months - $400 (subject to availability)

The most expensive cost beside the car is the purchase of ChargePoint EVSE and professional installation for a new 40Amp circuit and an outlet.
$675 for the ChargPoint Home 32Amps with plug + 25' cord and $1075 for the installation.

One of the many pleasures of owning the EV and the smart EVSE, I can tell how much charging my Leaf to full capacity costs me.
Last night, it cost me $0.72 for charging for +1 hours starting at 11pm (cheapest rate) from about 75-80% battery capacity.
On top of reducing the rate significantly during off-peak hours, PG&E seems to also give monthly rebate.
Last month I got $18 rebate on my energy bill.
Compared that to my sedan. On average I spend $7.50/day on workdays. About $30 every 4 days. About $250/month.

If you are interested to take a plunge, I can give you the salesman name and phone number.

hackdroot
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2017

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 pm

LEAF2017 wrote:
hackdroot wrote:
EVftw wrote:https://ngtnews.com/nissan-leaf-program-wisconsin-extends-incentive-offers

More data points.

Great deal. If I could get 10k MSRP off a 2017 SV, I would jump on it. I keep seeing this reference for "Fighting Chance car buying method". Is that the "email your terms to all local dealers" method?

Last week while I was visiting the dealership to have my NissanConnect activated, my salesman told me that if I find anyone who is interested to buy a Nissan Leaf 2017, they will offer the same deal.

I also noticed that they had new delivery of Leaf 2017 that they had to park them in every nook and cranny they could find on their already cramped huge lot. I saw white, red, blue, gray ones. There may be more that I didn't see elsewhere on the lot.

Nissan is dumping their 2017 model because of the upcoming 2018 model. So bargain hard and I think you will get a better deal than mine.

My deal in short:
-Nissan Leaf 2017 SV with 3 options: cargo cover (a must have), floor + cargo mats, splash guards.
-0% down, 2.75% interest for 84 months (7 years). I took a loan from my bank at slightly higher rate for convenience sake. I will pay off the car in 2 years anyway.
-PG&E Rebate $500
-ChargePoint Rebate for enrolling in the EV-B program with PG&E for 12 months - $400 (subject to availability)

The most expensive cost beside the car is the purchase of ChargePoint EVSE and professional installation for a new 40Amp circuit and an outlet.
$675 for the ChargPoint Home 32Amps with plug + 25' cord and $1075 for the installation.

One of the many pleasures of owning the EV and the smart EVSE, I can tell how much charging my Leaf to full capacity costs me.
Last night, it cost me $0.72 for charging for +1 hours starting at 11pm (cheapest rate) from about 75-80% battery capacity.
On top of reducing the rate significantly during off-peak hours, PG&E seems to also give monthly rebate.
Compared that to my sedan. On average I spend $7.50/day on workdays. About $30 every 4 days. About $250/month.

If you are interested to take a plunge, I can give you the salesman name and phone number.

Thank you very much for the info, but I grabbed a used 2013 SL with premium package yesterday (took delivery today). I wanted to keep my costs down and test the EV waters first. I have no problem unloading it in a couple of years as the tech improves, but for now I am very happy with my purchase and spending the evening reading up on my new toy. I bought the Clipper creek HCS-40P and will have to wait until Wednesday to install it.

Whats required for the PG&E rebate? Do you need professional installation proof?
2013 Leaf SL (12/2013) + Premium package 31,000 miles - 58.8AHr - 89%SOH

paulgipe
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:50 pm

No just the VIN and a valid customer unless the previous owner took it.
Bakersfield, California
2015 Nissan S with QC, Brilliant Silver, leased
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, bought used 10/3/16
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; EVSEUpgrade; Jesla

rmay635703

Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Used 2016 leafs are usually around $14,000 even with 50 miles.

To me this means if you find a new 2016 leaf it should be priced after rebate a similar amount.

LEAF2017
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2017
Leaf Number: 305540

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:43 pm

hackdroot wrote:
LEAF2017 wrote:
hackdroot wrote:

My deal in short:
-PG&E Rebate $500

Thank you very much for the info, but I grabbed a used 2013 SL with premium package yesterday (took delivery today). I wanted to keep my costs down and test the EV waters first. I have no problem unloading it in a couple of years as the tech improves, but for now I am very happy with my purchase and spending the evening reading up on my new toy. I bought the Clipper creek HCS-40P and will have to wait until Wednesday to install it.

Whats required for the PG&E rebate? Do you need professional installation proof?

You bought a used car. Chances are someone else already claimed the $500 PG&E rebate, the $2500 CA rebate and the $7500 Federal tax credit.
Your ClipperCreek HCS-40P does not seem to have a sub-metering capability.
It is a required feature to claim $400 PG&E EV-B program.

It was the reason I bought the ChargePoint Home even though it is more expensive. Fortunately, I got $75 Earth Day discount.
The ChargePoint app provides a lot of information about the Home charger charging activity.
You will use this app anyway even though you don't own their Home charger to locate their public charging stations.
I learned that 1 hour off-peak charging time cost me $0.91 and added estimated 27 miles (I feel 25 miles is more accurate).
This intelligent EVSE even knows when to start charging based on local utility, in this case PG&E, schedule.
M-F charging starts at 11pm. Satuday, Sunday and Holidays, charging starts at 7pm.
It is a far superior feature compared to the one built-in with the Leaf.

I would recommend installation by a licensed electrician for peace of mind.
They charge higher but it includes permit, inspection. plus insurance if something goes wrong.
Part of me wanted to go cheap and just hired someone who knows how to do it correctly.
At the end, common sense and peace of mind won the day.

Ferrum
Delivery Date: 08 May 2017

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:11 pm

LEAF2017 wrote:
hackdroot wrote:

More data points.

My deal in short:
-PG&E Rebate $500

Hi Leaf2017, can I have the info for that deal (salesman name and phone number)? Might be a long shot for me as I'm in Ventura County but I can't find the deals here near LA.
2017 SIlver SV with premium package

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:07 pm

AT this point I'd consider a 2017 leaf with Premium, but it' a no-win situation. If I lease a Bolt I'll miss real seats and a better ride. Oh, and being able to own the car eventually. If I lease a Leaf I'll long for more power and range. Hopefully when I drive a Bolt soon I'll either love it or dislike it.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 am

LeftieBiker wrote:AT this point I'd consider a 2017 leaf with Premium, but it' a no-win situation. If I lease a Bolt I'll miss real seats and a better ride. Oh, and being able to own the car eventually. If I lease a Leaf I'll long for more power and range. Hopefully when I drive a Bolt soon I'll either love it or dislike it.

I would leave all my options open until you get a chance to test drive one. A few people I know say they never noticed anything really different with the seats at all but they were unaware of the controversy beforehand which I think helps. Many here are going in with a "2 strike" attitude towards them.

As for me; I have decided that I cannot support a company that wishes to take money out of my pocket that was gifted to me from the federal government. Unless Chevy gives me the entire $7500, they are dead to me.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 (build 10/2016)"low water marks" 24,858.2 miles.363 GIDAhr 80.66Hx95.95%kwh28.1QCs215,L2's 227
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sun May 07, 2017 1:55 pm

The Bolt seat problem is not present in all the cars - that's the main reason not everyone notices it. It is a manufacturing defect. There is now a fix for it that takes about 15 minutes, though, so it's no longer a deal breaker. The car being loud and uncomfortable in general would still break the deal. I need a pleasant driving experience more than I need 200+ miles of range or 200HP.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

frobisherthepenguin1
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 333283

Mon May 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”