Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nissanfirst

Yesterday I had the opportunity to order my Nissan Leaf. I have been keeping up with this forum to see if there were discounts being offered. When I saw that North Bay was offering 5% I was very excited. I called bout a week ago to discuss pricing. They said they were still offering the discount. What discouraged me was that the gentleman I spoke with would not give me the factory invoice. I moved on from that conversation still confident that it was a good deal. I chose North Bay Nissan as my preferred dealership when it was time to order. I waited for about 5 hours after I submitted my request. The typical questions were asked...how many miles, term, down payment (I am leasing). I asked about the money factor and residual. He would not give me the exact numbers...saying that it may change by the time I get my Leaf. According to my information, any Aug-Sept. orders will have the exact same residual. I also asked about the 5% discount...and never got a reply. It is now over 24 hours later and my request has dropped off. They will not return my phone calls or my E-mails. Please, if you're getting a quote from them...ask for the money factor...as they can mark it up just like any other rate. You may get the 5% but end up having the financing marked up to make up for their lost profit.

I plan to request a lease quote from Northbay Nissan in October. I have an excellent credit score so I expect the lowest interest rate available. Has anyone request a 10k mile/year lease rate? Is so, how much lower is the payment? I don't drive very much so I don't want to pay for miles I won't use.

Do not declare that you are going to finance/lease with the dealer. Check the buy box and stick to the real price of the car. The question about buying, financing, leasing is not binding and only for Nissan marketing research. Many people who ordered will be changing how they plan to purchase as more details emerge. Just my $.02.

My dealer suggested that everyone select "buy" with cash option. Agree to a purchase price for now.

As to residual - it is fixed by NMAC. depending on your lease duration & number of miles / year it varies. MF varies by your credit score. All this information is in the Lease sticky. That should help you to make sure the dealers don't cheat you during the actual buy time (apparently 1 week before delivery).

Please use caution when switching at the end from a purchase to a lease. At the point of delivery the dealership is able to markup your money factor to make up for discounted prices. If you turn down their offer you go back to the production list and they get to keep the vehicle on their lot to sell at whatever price they'd like. The whole purpose of doing pricing so early is to protect the client. If you're going to lease get a lease quote...the discounted price will be reflected in the monthly base payment. I am happy to double check your deal for you even if you should choose to go to a different dealership than my own. Integrity is the number one service I can offer.

Grant Salge
916-208-8957

Ok, two people say it's best to check the "buy" box, even if planning to lease as one could easily switch it to a lease at the dealership...then someone says if I do that I'd just be setting myself up to be cheated if I change to a lease. What to do? Anyone else care to weigh in on this? :?

I believe this topic should be under the Leaf for MSRP or less thread, there are far too many related threads being started on very similar topics. Topics drift but let's try to not to start so many new threads on the same topic.

Thank you.

EVDRIVER said:
I believe this topic should be under the Leaf for MSRP or less thread, there are far too many related threads being started on very similar topics. Topics drift but let's try to not to start so many new threads on the same topic.

Let us turn this into a price/discount discussion thread. I was thinking of cleaning that msrp thread anyway - we can move any price discussion in that threat to this ...

I used Danny at Fontana Nissan, 65 freeway miles from Laguna Hills
in Orange County CA. Good, simple discount off MSRP, as they promised.
They even offered to come pick me up when my LEAF arrives. Nice!

If you want to use lease why not just contact the dealer in advance and ask for a full disclosure of the numbers before you submit your raq? When you request your quote make sure they match and move on. I'd be happy to check anyone's math if they needed it.

this is from the lease sheet they provided "To build on the excitement of the All New Nissan LEAF and to support Nissan Dealers
customer order efforts, the following lease programs will be available on the MY11
Nissan LEAF ordered through the Nissan LEAF Customer Journey between
August 27–September 30, 2010:"

mossyleaf said:
this is from the lease sheet they provided "To build on the excitement of the All New Nissan LEAF and to support Nissan Dealers
customer order efforts, the following lease programs will be available on the MY11
Nissan LEAF ordered through the Nissan LEAF Customer Journey between
August 27–September 30, 2010:"
What does "MY11" mean?

NOEG said:
Please use caution when switching at the end from a purchase to a lease. At the point of delivery the dealership is able to markup your money factor to make up for discounted prices. If you turn down their offer you go back to the production list and they get to keep the vehicle on their lot to sell at whatever price they'd like. The whole purpose of doing pricing so early is to protect the client. If you're going to lease get a lease quote...the discounted price will be reflected in the monthly base payment. I am happy to double check your deal for you even if you should choose to go to a different dealership than my own. Integrity is the number one service I can offer.

I agree with Grant on this here. Be very careful. You should have an agreement on all the numbers up front. Lets say your Leaf comes in, you intend to Lease even though your quote was for a cash purchase and you do not agree on the Lease numbers? You would be caught ina very bad situation.

Sorry if I was incorrect.

I thought all Nissan's web site lease $/month numbers were accompanied with "fine print" saying that rates, etc. may change by delivery (and maybe even vary by dealer?) ... I forget, I have not looked at their lease disclaimer info in some time.

Possibly dealers can give final lease figures now, for use in 3 months or so?

Perhaps the Nissan finance rates have been "fixed", to apply for some (what?) period of time?
The whole 2011 model year?

Back