FrugalNJ
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:39 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Dec 2019

2019 SV w/ Tech + Climate, $28,000 OTD

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:50 pm

Atlantic City Electric has a deal that expires 1/2/19 on 2018 and 2019 Leafs. $5K rebate that can not be combined with other Nissan incentives. https://www.atlanticcityelectric.com/Sm ... er_ACE.PDF Here in NJ there is no state credit, but there is no sales tax on electric vehicles.

Picked up a new Leaf SV w/ the Tech and All Weather packages (MSRP $36,675) for $28,000 out the door on Saturday, Dec 22 using this deal. After the Federal tax credit that's a net cost of $20,500. Quite satisfied with

I had used a similar deal last year with $10K off to purchase a 2017 SV for a net $16,500. Car was recently totaled in a head-on/broadside and the insurance payout was $18,500. So for $2K I basically jumped 2 model years, reset the odometer to zero, gained all that tech package stuff, 50% greater range, power seat etc. etc. Very happy, indeed!

eplus
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:41 am
Delivery Date: 12 Dec 2018

Re: 2019 SV w/ Tech + Climate, $28,000 OTD

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:39 am

FrugalNJ wrote:Picked up a new Leaf SV w/ the Tech and All Weather packages (MSRP $36,675) for $28,000 out the door on Saturday, Dec 22 using this deal. After the Federal tax credit that's a net cost of $20,500.

That’s amazing! Congratulations and enjoy!

jdcbomb
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 12:17 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2015

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:29 pm

2018 SV Deep Blue: All Weather + Tech (Propilot)
Durham, NC
Initial OTD was $32K after 3 pct tax (about $970) and other random fees.
Ending OTD: $31.5K
Instead of using Duke Energy $3K rebate, they gave me these discounts off the MSRP $36.6K:
$3,000 (estimated) retail price discount
$1,000 NMAC captive cash financing rebate
$2,000 VPP discount
$1,000 Leaf loyalty discount (even though I bought mine used)
Price before taxes and fees: $29.6K.
Plus the 0 pct financing for 5 years (FREE MONEY!)
Pretty decent deal I think. Will be claiming the full $7500 credit soon. 2013 SL still in possession as backup third car until decent private party or dealer offer.
2018 Leaf SV - In Service 2019 January - Location: Raleigh, NC.
2013 Leaf SL - Original In Service 2013 February - Bar Losses: 2016.10.17 - 25,843 Miles -- 2017.06.23 - 32,080 Miles -- 2018.04.10 - 37,000 Miles -- 4th: 2018.09.23 - 44,255 Miles

cwerdna
Posts: 9186
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:17 am

Not that I'm interested in buying a 40 kWh Leaf, but just trying to get an idea of current discounting (for purchases, not leases) in the SF Bay Area to help w/e+ price guesstimates, when that comes out. Trying to decide if I should wait for e+ (likely won't be discounted when it comes out) or just go for a heavily discounted Bolt before tax credit on GM EVs/PHEVs gets cut in 1/2 on April 1st.

Right now at https://www.choosenissan.com/leaf/?next ... uredoffers (I put in the 95136 zip code, not mine close enough) and there seem to be 0 cash incentives available to the general public. I can't do grad nor military cash. The "$1012" is what they value NCTC at.

I looked at https://www.dublinnissan.com/VehicleSea ... rice%7Casc and it seem like they're openly advertising about $1500 off MSRP on SL. Some at https://www.boardwalknissan.com/new-veh ... af&trim=SL are about $2K off MSRP.

There was https://www.pge.com/en/about/newsroom/n ... ic_vehicle on '18 Leafs but it expired 1/2/19. Not sure it's been renewed and can apply to '19.
Last edited by cwerdna on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 11789
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:04 am

I strongly suggest that if you haven't test driven a Bolt yet, that you do so before proceeding any further. It's a different enough driving experience from the Leaf that it may settle the matter for you one way or the other. You should also test drive a Leaf "Too."
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Posts: 9186
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:59 am

LeftieBiker wrote:I strongly suggest that if you haven't test driven a Bolt yet, that you do so before proceeding any further. It's a different enough driving experience from the Leaf that it may settle the matter for you one way or the other. You should also test drive a Leaf "Too."

Prior to Saturday, I'd test driven the Bolt at least twice but I wasn't in the market back then. I did two more on Saturday, including highway driving in one. Seats were ok to me. Interior quality isn't great, but I knew that. I'd ridden in the back of one (Lyft or Uber) for ~1 hour coming back from a work event.

Acceleration is great. I didn't have time to play around w/the UI too much but I'm not too concerned. The backup camera picture quality is terrible though. I don't think Surround Vision has the neat view of the right side of the car (to see how close you are to the curb). It also may be inconvenient (more steps) to turn on Surround Vision when in drive/going forward.

Some weird deficiencies: it seems the Bolt has is that it doesn't have a % SoC display, just 20 (?) bars on the left and a 3 value GOM. Also, there's apparently no battery temp display at all. At least I saw it at power down (on the big screen) say how many kWh were used and distanced traveled. And, there's screen at http://www.wind-works.org/cms/index.php ... 03b311291f (see last pic).

I've test driven the '18 Leaf prior to when it went on sale in the US for about 35-40 minutes, when they brought one to you.

There are '17 2 Bolts for rent on Turo in my area, but it's a bit inconvenient and I'd need to bring it back charged to at least 80% (might be a problem if the car has no DC FC inlet). Unfortunately, '18 is when GM supposedly improved the seats. Also, I'd want to do the handovers in the daytime. A co-worker rented a Model 3 (before buying one) but the owner later tried to claim all this damage that my coworker denied. Eventually, after all the hassle, Turo ruled in favor on my co-worker.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Oils4AsphaultOnly
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:09 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 313890
Location: Arcadia, CA

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 am

cwerdna wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I strongly suggest that if you haven't test driven a Bolt yet, that you do so before proceeding any further. It's a different enough driving experience from the Leaf that it may settle the matter for you one way or the other. You should also test drive a Leaf "Too."

Prior to Saturday, I'd test driven the Bolt at least twice but I wasn't in the market back then. I did two more on Saturday, including highway driving in one. Seats were ok to me. Interior quality isn't great, but I knew that. I'd ridden in the back of one (Lyft or Uber) for ~1 hour coming back from a work event.

Acceleration is great. I didn't have time to play around w/the UI too much but I'm not too concerned. The backup camera picture quality is terrible though. I don't think Surround Vision has the neat view of the right side of the car (to see how close you are to the curb). It also may be inconvenient (more steps) to turn on Surround Vision when in drive/going forward.

Some weird deficiencies: it seems the Bolt has is that it doesn't have a % SoC display, just 20 (?) bars on the left and a 3 value GOM. Also, there's apparently no battery temp display at all. At least I saw it at power down (on the big screen) say how many kWh were used and distanced traveled. And, there's screen at http://www.wind-works.org/cms/index.php ... 03b311291f (see last pic).

I've test driven the '18 Leaf prior to when it went on sale in the US for about 35-40 minutes, when they brought one to you.

There are '17 2 Bolts for rent on Turo in my area, but it's a bit inconvenient and I'd need to bring it back charged to at least 80% (might be a problem if the car has no DC FC inlet). Unfortunately, '18 is when GM supposedly improved the seats. Also, I'd want to do the handovers in the daytime. A co-worker rented a Model 3 (before buying one) but the owner later tried to claim all this damage that my coworker denied. Eventually, after all the hassle, Turo ruled in favor on my co-worker.


The Bolt has a Thermal Management System, and Mary Barra's claim that they have yet to replace an EV battery due to degradation, so I wouldn't be concerned about not knowing the battery temp (model 3 doesn't tell you either). Choose the bolt, because you fit the body profile that the seats were designed for, since that and GM's politics are the only negatives of the Bolt.

As for Turo, message the car owner about non-standard hours for pick-ups and returns. My last rental was very accommodating about my 1 AM flight.
:: Model 3 LR :: acquired 9 May '18
:: Leaf S30 :: build date: Sep '16 :: purchased: Nov '16
100% Zero transportation emissions (except when I walk) and loving it!

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 11789
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:50 pm

I found the ride quality to be a negative. You an see a SOC display in the app, IIRC, but not on the dash. The backup camera is a bit harder to activate, and the center display, including around view, can freeze and need to be rebooted. Later versions of the firmware may have improved this.

It looks like Cwerdna will be getting a Bolt! Best of luck. Now I have to go outside into post-snowstorm Hell to clear snow...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Triggerhappy007
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:08 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2019

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:32 pm

cwerdna wrote:Not that I'm interested in buying a 40 kWh Leaf, but just trying to get an idea of current discounting (for purchases, not leases) in the SF Bay Area to help w/e+ price guesstimates, when that comes out. Trying to decide if I should wait for e+ (likely won't be discounted when it comes out) or just go for a heavily discounted Bolt before tax credit on GM EVs/PHEVs gets cut in 1/2 on April 1st.

Right now at https://www.choosenissan.com/leaf/?next ... uredoffers (I put in the 95136 zip code, not mine close enough) and there seem to be 0 cash incentives available to the general public. I can't do grad nor military cash. The "$1012" is what they value NCTC at.

I looked at https://www.dublinnissan.com/VehicleSea ... rice%7Casc and it seem like they're openly advertising about $1500 off MSRP on SL. Some at https://www.boardwalknissan.com/new-veh ... af&trim=SL are about $2K off MSRP.

There was https://www.pge.com/en/about/newsroom/n ... ic_vehicle on '18 Leafs but it expired 1/2/19. Not sure it's been renewed and can apply to '19.

That's their listed price, you might be able to get it lower by emailing dealers so they will compete with each other. I think PG&E will have the $3000 rebate again. In my area, the old one ended on 1/2/19 also. Then it renewed for $3500 now.

I've test driven the Bolt before. I didn't think the performance was that much different from the 40 kWh Leafs in daily driving. What I didn't like was that it didn't have adaptive cruise with lane centering like ProPilot. Plus I got a loaded Leaf for much cheaper than a Bolt. If you're going to be in that SF traffic, get a Leaf with ProPilot.
2019 Leaf SL ProPilot
2018 Pacifica Hybrid

cwerdna
Posts: 9186
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:41 pm

Triggerhappy007 wrote:I've test driven the Bolt before. I didn't think the performance was that much different from the 40 kWh Leafs in daily driving. What I didn't like was that it didn't have adaptive cruise with lane centering like ProPilot. Plus I got a loaded Leaf for much cheaper than a Bolt. If you're going to be in that SF traffic, get a Leaf with ProPilot.

I'm not interested in the 40 kWh Leaf at all given that the 62 kWh e+ is coming out soon. My goal is to get down to an EV only (sell my '13 Leaf and my '06 Prius). 40 kWh Leaf to me falls short of that.

I hear you on the last part but I rarely drive during rush hour and only have 6 miles in each direction of my commute is on the highway. But you are correct on the lack of an equivalent on Bolt.

My real purpose is to get a sense for what e+ pricing and discounting might look like (viewtopic.php?p=546629#p546629) by trying to gauge 40 kWh Leaf pricing. I can guess the e+ will be $4 to $6.5K more than current 40 kWh Leaf judging by European and Japanese pricing.

Was hoping to get a gauge of 40 kWh Leaf actual prices w/o emailing/contacting a bunch of dealers and requesting quotes given that I'm already doing that for Bolt (+ some other price research).

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”