December delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Arizona , there have only been a few lucky ones like us that were able to order in August. I have heard that some dealers may be offering discounts to get your business and then add on items or change financing terms at the last minute that you cqn either agree to or deny. At which point they have a Leaf they cqn sell above msrp to the highest bidder!

Timaz said:
Who will be the first to get their leaf in December?

We're getting all of ours (at least 6) in Jan. by design. I'll bet the Dec. deliveries arrive the last week in Dec., if at all, since they are having delays with ordering.

Timaz said:
For Arizona , there have only been a few lucky ones like us that were able to order in August. I have heard that some dealers may be offering discounts to get your business and then add on items or change financing terms at the last minute that you cqn either agree to or deny. At which point they have a Leaf they cqn sell above msrp to the highest bidder!

That's just a FUD rumor. We are going to save over $2K on our deals, no add ons, no extra charges plus FREE shipping. We're going to have a loaded truck come to AZ! :) The dealers here in AZ lost out by not budging off MSRP. We all would have loved to buy local, but it's hard to turn down 2K and maintenance is only once a year for the battery check. It's a no brainer.

Xenalmorph said:
This would be a fun contest! Just have to figure out how to "prove" when someone took delivery of the car. Game on!

They could just take a photo of the car as long as it wasn't blue. :lol: I'm going to guess that if anyone gets one in Dec., which now seems unlikely, I would say someone in CA.

Xenalmorph said:
I am thinking a contest for who gets the VERY first customer Leaf (no celebrities please). What's the prize???
YOUR LEAF ! :p (Just kidding; unless you are first. Otherwise the winner's his/her own LEAF.)
Instead, how about a contest to correctly predict 1st delivery day (for non-celebrity) in USA ? (Need a new thread; but I vote for Dec 21, 2010 (a Tuesday).)

Timaz said:
Who will be the first to get their leaf in December?
I'm thinking of driving up to Long Beach, after the ship arrives, and paying off a Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics tech to hand mine over to me. First! :lol:

Ya but he is waaaaay up there... and the cars are coming through here in SoCal. :twisted: Just kidding. I bet they will be loading trucks based on first order groups and the bay area is only 7-8 hours away. Ship is off loaded late afternoon, truck rolls north by early evening, Leafs will be on the ground in North Bay by the next morning. I am sure Nissan plans some PR work for these first cars so expect a very quick and coordinated roll out in Dec

I'll take it whenever it comes, but I honestly don't mind if it comes the back end of December and I wait until January 2nd to go get it....push the tax credit for the car into next year and use the EVSE tax credit and part of my PV system tax credit for this year.

Getting the first Leafs will be like getting the golden tickets..There will be evil-greedy people watching your every move :lol: When the Smiths see the Jones driving around in a Leaf and want to buy one, they will have to pay the 50% I want now fee in the open market..

Beginning this December, certified Leaf dealers in early roll out areas will be required to have at least one demonstrator available for test drives. Individual dealers should begin receiving the demo Leafs by the second week of December.

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/09/18/demo-leafs-headed-to-dealers-in-december-cold-weather-package-c/

A hint here? Or are dealers going to get their demo cars in advance of us getting ours?

mwalsh said:
Beginning this December, certified Leaf dealers in early roll out areas will be required to have at least one demonstrator available for test drives. Individual dealers should begin receiving the demo Leafs by the second week of December.

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/09/18/demo-leafs-headed-to-dealers-in-december-cold-weather-package-c/

A hint here? Or are dealers going to get their demo cars in advance of us getting ours?

I'm never really sure what the proper etiquette is for popping by, but Eric @ autoblog picked that story up off of me/us. I was talking to Mark Perry (who is lord of all things LEAF in North America), and he disclosed that dealers would be getting demo cars, the actual quote direct from him was “Certified Dealers will receive one demo unit for local test driving in December”

Unofficially, because I can't get anyone to say otherwise, other than winks and nudges here and there, they are trying to start dropping them the week of December 6th, a couple weeks before orders.

Here is the link to the story on dealers receiving demos if you want to read it:
http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/09/10/demo-leafs-coming-this-december/
The other half of autoblog's story was a Nissan rep talking to us about the cold weather package and that it would be available soon:
http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/09/09/nissan-leaf-cold-weather-package-update/

Note to EVNow/other mods: if the links aren't cool, feel free to take them down...its all good, just saw the ABG story mentioned and wanted to clarify. (=

Cheers,
Statik

Back