HELP! - I'm trapped in a broken Leaf ordering system.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlich18

I'm beyond frustrated.

I reserved my Leaf back in April in the first 5 minutes that one could do so. I applied through eTec for the free charger, and was approved. Yipee! :) I was assigned a September order month. All was going well.

- until ---

There was apparently a breakdown in communication between eTec and Nissan, so the Leaf site kept saying my eTec application was still pending. EV Customer Service was no help, other than to tell me that it was not my fault and I was not alone. So, I contacted eTec directly, and found a very helpful person who actually was able to intervene and get the Nissan site updated. I had a great feeling of relief that the system was now unstuck.

-But ---

Although the Leaf site says the my eTec application is approved, the ordering portion of the site has still not been activated. So, I have called EV Customer service several times. Again, no help. They acknowledge the problem, say it's been expedited, and assure me that the delay will not affect my place in line (I sincerely doubt that!). EV Customer Service seems to have no power to do anything, except to apologize, sympathize, empathize, expedite, apologize again, and again, expedite again, and again, and again. But no resolution.

Is there a solution to this problem?

:cry:

I tried to post this in the "Ask Nissan" forum, but it is "locked". How do I get this post "expedited"?

There are a couple of others with this problem.

There isn't much to do but call and check with the support people once in a while. I had an issue with my account - they took 3 weeks to fix.

It would appear all orders have been on hold for a time. Maybe when they open up again you will be included.
Otherwise I would call once a week to politely ask about the progress of your issue.

I had the exact same problem and they finally made it so I could order last week.

I just kept calling every couple of days and even got Ecotality to contact them.

Are you a September or October order?

palmermd said:
garygid said:
Perhaps cancel your order and wait until Reservations re-open in 2011. :)

Or, add $401 and order an Aptera?

Why would you want to put money down on Vaporware?

Now that Gary has cancelled his Aptera - he is asking everyone else to order it :lol:

garygid said:
Sorry, I was joking.
Actually, I suggest being patient.

I cancelled all 4 of my Aptera reservations,
but still have not seen the last $500.

your having a hard time trying to get your wife to purchase one LEAF and you were going to buy 4 Apteras? How many LEAF reservations do you have?

The first Aptera was an early "e", after I showed it to my wife who "was not interested" ... until I showed her a pink one. Then, she said, "I want one too." So, I made the 2nd one an "h".

Then, in case the first Apteras were "not quite ready for prime time", I reserved 2 more to get perhaps a year later, and to see where the reservation numbers were.

With the LEAF, I must say, I have been much more conservative. :)

garygid said:
The first Aptera was an early "e", after I showed it to my wife who "was not interested" ... until I showed her a pink one. Then, she said, "I want one too." So, I made the 2nd one an "h".

Then, in case the first Apteras were "not quite ready for prime time", I reserved 2 more to get perhaps a year later, and to see where the reservation numbers were.

With the LEAF, I must say, I have been much more conservative. :)

That's because Nissan only allows ONE LEAF per address or family. :lol:

Actually, their instructions said only one Reservation per ADDRESS.
No, don't ask me if I tested it. :roll:

But, I was curious to find out if San Diego addresses would be scheduled differently.

Even if fixed I think all were held pending the implementation of the dealer allocation allowance.
Any September not open :?: Good to see Nissan got it together finally

Back