Pauafunk
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 01 Dec 2016
Leaf Number: 301127

Re: End of Lease Strategies?

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 am

AlanSqB wrote:Total radio silence from the local stealership that usually calls and emails me three times a week trying to get me to lease another car.

Wow that's respectful.

AlanSqB
Delivery Date: 26 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 300613

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:54 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
AlanSqB wrote:I'm right on the cusp of calling for the lease extension. My return date is 7/25 so I know that I need to get the process rolling pretty soon. I'd really rather just buy the thing outright, but it seems like the residual reduction has completely evaporated and the local stealerships are playing around not wanting to give any answers. I was thinking that a 6 month extension would give me that much longer to possibly get a better buyout deal as well as helping me to hold on until my Model 3 is ready (if I decide to go that way). I'm setting a deadline of Monday to decide.

The dealers around here are still playing stupid tricks with the numbers on new units, quoting prices that include the Fed/State rebates without clearly stating so. There's no way a LEAF is worth $15k after $7.5k from, $5k from the state and $10k from the local power company, but that's the "Deal" they're shilling now.

This whole process just drives home my belief that stealerships should go the way of bookstores and (soon to be) gas stations.

Shop around. you DO NOT have to buy from the dealership you leased from. It is apparent that Nissan as a perk has transferred the negotiations to the dealers so they are taking their cut from your discount. I am pretty sure the whole process can be done by phone/email

Thanks. I've tried three different dealers in the area here and none will return my messages. Can't be bothered unless you're buying a new car I guess. I guess all the ones on here have dried up as well. It sounds like there just must not be any June deal.
2015 LEAF SV in Gunmetal Gray
"The only gas in this vehicle comes from the driver."
I drive a LEAF, it doesn't have Ludicrous or Insane mode. It only has Slightly Annoyed mode.

mykalt45
Delivery Date: 23 Jan 2017

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:38 am

Decided to contact my initial dealer since I've been getting no luck. Besides asking me to come in, one additional thing I found odd was that the guy said I can just go in and they will do the inspection. I said the Nissan emails/NMAC website are adamant about using the service. He said, that's one way or you can just come and they'll inspect. Thoughts?

I'm just really frustrated with this whole process and it seems like either way buyout or turn in, I'm not getting good info. Any info really.

DNAinaGoodWay
Delivery Date: 03 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 23156

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:57 am

Use the service. Don't trust the stealership.
'12 SL last reading @ 2 yr, 22k, 260 GIDs, 62.35 Ahr

'15 SV w/QC, Mfd 5/14, Leased 8/14, 292 GIDs, 64.38 Ahr when new

@ 25 months, 25k, 267 GID, 56.88 AHr
@ 36 months, 34k, 270 GID, 57.49 AHr

6.72 kW Array

Oils4AsphaultOnly
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 313890

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 am

mykalt45 wrote:Decided to contact my initial dealer since I've been getting no luck. Besides asking me to come in, one additional thing I found odd was that the guy said I can just go in and they will do the inspection. I said the Nissan emails/NMAC website are adamant about using the service. He said, that's one way or you can just come and they'll inspect. Thoughts?

I'm just really frustrated with this whole process and it seems like either way buyout or turn in, I'm not getting good info. Any info really.

I used the service, and the inspector did a pretty thorough job. All the issues that he found (and he found them all) were priced very fairly. Although I was given the option to remedy the issues by getting the parts myself (even from a salvage yard!), it just didn't seem to be worth my time to nickel and dime it.
[2013 leaf traded for 2016 leaf S30:
1 May 2017 - 7300 miles & 363 GIDs
6 Sep 2017 - 13k miles & 359 GIDs]

mykalt45
Delivery Date: 23 Jan 2017

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:53 am

Just heard back from my dealer. Said incentives same as last month.

pokeadot
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2017

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:48 pm

First of all, thank you guys for posting all of this info, it helped me a ton.

Second, I experienced the same frustrations trying to buy my 14 Leaf. Went through several dealers and they all acted like I was crazy when I mentioned the incentives.

This is the person who has been helping me and I am so happy with his service I wanted to share his info. Super nice and responsive.

Costa Christou    
Courtesy Nissan of Tampa    
813-870-3333

recmob
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 315187

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 pm

jkang wrote:
recmob wrote:I am reluctant to post anything about my experience, but I just don't see as if I have much choice. I wish I could say this was all wrapped up in a week. I started discussions on purchasing my lease on 4/17/17. Between 4/17 and 4/26 we had excellent communication, the deal was struck. I arranged financing, signed the paperwork and got it back you. On 5/1 I inquired as to if the dealership received the paperwork, and it was acknowledged they had:

"We did receive your packet. You should be receiving your copies in the mail this week at the earliest, if not next week."

On 5/12, I sent the following message:

"I need you to look into this. Its now the 14th, I have NOT received anything from the dealership (or Nissan for that matter) that says I own the car. Certainly makes me nervous about this, as if I'd worked with a local dealer I would have walked out copies of my paperwork. I have nothing to show that I own it - and I've already received my payment schedule / coupons from the bank on the financing."

And received the following reply:

"I have forwarded your email to several managers to get to the bottom of this. I apologize for any inconvenience."

As of today (6/2/17), I have YET to have heard from anyone at this dealership as to what is going on. No calls, no emails, and no paperwork has been received. My birthday is in less then a week, and I don't have the new registration yet either.

If this is normally how things go, one should be told what to expect up front. Communication is key, and this dealership clearly lacks it! In fact the only communication I received (after submitting through the dealer contact form online), was a call asking if I'd been contacted buy a salesman regarding the vehicle I was interested in purchasing!

If I ran my business in this matter, I would be out of business pretty quickly.

Love the car. 55,000 miles on it, 1 bar lost at 48,000 miles. In Florida, car is kept outside year round. I travel the interstate to work (44 miles) one way, and charge at work. At 2 1/2 yrs into driving it, I still arrive at work with 47% charge left.

brianpmcintosh wrote:Happy May!

Even though I'm based out of Greenville, SC, I'll complete everything with you remotely (helped a client in Hawaii). It takes about a week's time to fully complete it all. So, the earlier in the month you contact me, the better. I look forward to hearing from y'all!

Thank you!

Brian McIntosh
Crown Nissan of Greenville
bmcintosh@crownauto.com
864-281-1608

I worked with Brian and got $6400 off my MY14/3YR through Crown Nissan of Greenville in May. It was all done via Fedex and notary; but when I got all the forms to sign, Brian left the dealership and didn't return any of my calls or texts. I can't in good conscience recommend him, because of the lack of follow-through. Luckily, the finance person, Cindy, walked me through it and I paid via cashier check. I'm currently waiting on the title to arrive, unless they took me for a ride.

I received $6700 off my 2015 / 3yr. The day before my birthday I received a Fedex envelope which contained the registration. Nothing else. Still haven't heard back from Brian or the dealership. Didn't even bother to let me know they sent a Fedex pkg. I still have no paperwork from the dealership at all. I actually receive more information from the person at the bank handling my financing. Pretty sad! The credit union I'm working with is fantastic in all aspects thus far. If they had branches closer, I'd probably move my business accounts over to them.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Speaking of ClusterFails, it appears the US Postal Service has lost my final set of lease papers. Tracking shows the Certified mail envelope "In Transit" at 1:30pm on Friday, in Texas where NMAC's PO Box address is located, three days after we mailed it. (Delivery time is advertised as two days.) It hasn't updated since then. I suspect they also lost my first set of (non-"Certified Mail") papers in Texas. If NMAC won't accept the one signature sheet they have, plus the PDF of the entire text of the first page I emailed them, I'm likely screwed. I still haven't driven a Bolt, because dealerships stock few of them, and don't seem to be willing to follow through and set up test drives unless you contact them in person or by phone, thus giving them your phone # for life. I just know that I'd especially hate driving a Bolt if I were forced into it...
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:35 am

recmob wrote:
jkang wrote:
recmob wrote:I am reluctant to post anything about my experience, but I just don't see as if I have much choice. I wish I could say this was all wrapped up in a week. I started discussions on purchasing my lease on 4/17/17. Between 4/17 and 4/26 we had excellent communication, the deal was struck. I arranged financing, signed the paperwork and got it back you. On 5/1 I inquired as to if the dealership received the paperwork, and it was acknowledged they had:

"We did receive your packet. You should be receiving your copies in the mail this week at the earliest, if not next week."

On 5/12, I sent the following message:

"I need you to look into this. Its now the 14th, I have NOT received anything from the dealership (or Nissan for that matter) that says I own the car. Certainly makes me nervous about this, as if I'd worked with a local dealer I would have walked out copies of my paperwork. I have nothing to show that I own it - and I've already received my payment schedule / coupons from the bank on the financing."

And received the following reply:

"I have forwarded your email to several managers to get to the bottom of this. I apologize for any inconvenience."

As of today (6/2/17), I have YET to have heard from anyone at this dealership as to what is going on. No calls, no emails, and no paperwork has been received. My birthday is in less then a week, and I don't have the new registration yet either.

If this is normally how things go, one should be told what to expect up front. Communication is key, and this dealership clearly lacks it! In fact the only communication I received (after submitting through the dealer contact form online), was a call asking if I'd been contacted buy a salesman regarding the vehicle I was interested in purchasing!

If I ran my business in this matter, I would be out of business pretty quickly.

Love the car. 55,000 miles on it, 1 bar lost at 48,000 miles. In Florida, car is kept outside year round. I travel the interstate to work (44 miles) one way, and charge at work. At 2 1/2 yrs into driving it, I still arrive at work with 47% charge left.

I worked with Brian and got $6400 off my MY14/3YR through Crown Nissan of Greenville in May. It was all done via Fedex and notary; but when I got all the forms to sign, Brian left the dealership and didn't return any of my calls or texts. I can't in good conscience recommend him, because of the lack of follow-through. Luckily, the finance person, Cindy, walked me through it and I paid via cashier check. I'm currently waiting on the title to arrive, unless they took me for a ride.

I received $6700 off my 2015 / 3yr. The day before my birthday I received a Fedex envelope which contained the registration. Nothing else. Still haven't heard back from Brian or the dealership. Didn't even bother to let me know they sent a Fedex pkg. I still have no paperwork from the dealership at all. I actually receive more information from the person at the bank handling my financing. Pretty sad! The credit union I'm working with is fantastic in all aspects thus far. If they had branches closer, I'd probably move my business accounts over to them.

guessing you meant "title" and not "registration" This is good but how much time did you have on your lease? I think that is one of the determining factors on whether you will receive an offer or when?
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30 (build 10/2016); 22,003 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 101.21% kwh 28.1 QCs 190, L2's 213
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”