Assume your lease?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakay

Hey there,

Anyone want to get out of their lease with a low payment? We are at the end of ours and would like to extend another year, maybe more, to get us to a Bolt or Leaf gen 2. We'd keep this one, but it lost 2 bards and only gets 50-60 miles of range daily, which is not enough.

Email me at my forum user name at gmail.com if you have one you want to move on

Nissan leases are problematic, because the original lessee cannot actually "get out" of a lease. They can only add a new lessee, while remaining ultimately responsible for the payments and for the car.

Taking over a lease can (more likely will) be a PITA process. It still may be worth it for both the parties depending on their situation. I just took over one lease and would be willing to do another one. If anyone has any questions about the process, I'd be happy to help.

Dandc3 said:
I am looking to take over an existing lease. Prefer a SV.

I was also looking to take over a lease for a year or so but ended up getting a pretty decent (decent for Arizona) lease deal for 2 years. I'd say drop an email to all local dealers asking what are they willing to offer for a 2 year lease with zero down? Compare and bargain the best rate. You'd be surprised what they are willing to do to move the car. The rates I got varied from $475 per month to $300 and one dealer flat out asked where would I want them to be and gave me the price I asked for.

LeftieBiker said:
Nissan leases are problematic, because the original lessee cannot actually "get out" of a lease. They can only add a new lessee, while remaining ultimately responsible for the payments and for the car.
Yep. This policy sucks.

I've complained to NMAC about it got into err... a disagreement w/a Leaf test drive ride-along guy before on this:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=428887#p428887
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=292127#p292127

Dandc3 said:
I am looking to take over an existing lease. Prefer a SV.
Can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

You might do ok just buying a used Leaf as their resale value is terrible. At least you'll still have a car at the end.

Thanks for the tip. I hope it shows now. I'm in Bellingham, WA. Going to drive it 12-18 K a year, and use local CHAdeMO stations, there are 2 in Bellingham.

Dandc3 said:
Going to drive it 12-18 K a year, and use local CHAdeMO stations, there are 2 in Bellingham.
Thanks. I think you misunderstood my question.

We want to make sure your have realistic expectations of Leaf range on a single charge and for those driving conditions. Driving at highway speeds or fast == high power consumption. Running the heater == higher power consumption.

If you don't have a place to charge at home or work or where you're regularly stopped for hours normally, I wouldn't recommend a Leaf, unless you drive very few miles/day.

EPA range rating is 107 miles on a '17, '16 SV and SL and "S 30" Leaf on a new battery. It's 84 miles on a 24 kWh (2013 to 2015, 2016 S (non-"S 30")).

Thanks for your concern. I will be driving it around town mostly, not a lot of high-speed freeway type driving. Seems to me that it would work. I can plug it in at home, but just 110 volts=long time to charge.

Back