Used 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astricklin

I am looking at a used 2011, it has quick charge and from the image of the dash, it is showing 8 capacity bars on the battery. Would this be eligible for battery replacement? It has just over 47,000 miles.

The carfax report is showing it was purchased in Oct 2011. I would take this to be accurate and the image of the vin plate on the door shows manufactured 8/11. Is there a way to know if the previous owner opted out of the battery settlement? I would assume that very few people would have.

sounds like a 'winner' -- on the opt out, would verify with Nissan customer service using the VIN with your concern before buying it and would think they could help verify it is would be eligible

If I am going to be pushing the range on a daily basis (50 miles each way with charging available), would it be better to get a 2013 with a slightly degraded battery or go for the replacement in the 2011 (a replacement on an 11 would be a new battery vs only reconditioning the 2013 to have at least 9 bars)? I was looking into a 2016 with the 30kw battery, but I cant get a lease rate even close to $300 currently.

If you can get a new battery installed in the 2011 for free, and don't need the extra features of the '13 like the heatpump and 6.6kw charger (SV and SL models), go for the new battery. Make sure the 2011 has the Cold Weather Package if you need seat and steering wheel warmers.

It sounds like you have won the battery lottery! As others have said, make sure no opt out. Take the new battery and enjoy a "like new" car. If you buy it for a good price, "win"/"win". Good luck!

Back