Ending Leaf lease and want to lease a new one

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daledlv

I remember reading after you complete a lease with Nissan, you are able to lease without the $2,500 downpayment (for a Leaf). Is that true? Any suggestion on getting any sort of deal the second time around?
thanks!

I've never heard of that. You do get the VPP discount, which used to be a $1000 credit that could be applied to the DP, but I don't think it's anything more than a reduction in MSRP, now.

All you have to do is shop around for the best deal. I only paid $500 down on my 3 year lease on my 2016 SV. Every dealer is different, the first dealer I went to had a lousy deal and wouldn't negotiate all that much so I walked.

LeftieBiker said:
I've never heard of that. You do get the VPP discount, which used to be a $1000 credit that could be applied to the DP, but I don't think it's anything more than a reduction in MSRP, now.
Careful with your terms there. VPP is a discount program offered to Nissan employees, business associates, and trade partners. Don't go asking for it if you're not eligible :). Also, the $1000 rebate was only for early adopters -- just owners of '11 and '12 models.

The only thing you get when you re-lease a Nissan (Leaf or otherwise) is avoiding the disposition fee at the end of lease (which is also waived if you purchase the vehicle).

Careful with your terms there. VPP is a discount program offered to Nissan employees, business associates, and trade partners. Don't go asking for it if you're not eligible :).

VPP is offered to anyone who has bought or leased a Nissan, I guess because that makes us "business associates" or "trade partners."

LeftieBiker said:
Careful with your terms there. VPP is a discount program offered to Nissan employees, business associates, and trade partners. Don't go asking for it if you're not eligible :).

VPP is offered to anyone who has bought or leased a Nissan, I guess because that makes us "business associates" or "trade partners."
No way. Citation needed.

Also, I forgot in the list are military personnel and recent college grads.

iluvmacs said:
LeftieBiker said:

No way. Citation needed.

I qualified for VPP pricing for my next Nissan for no other reason than I leased a Nissan. That's all the citation I can offer.

LeftieBiker said:
iluvmacs said:
LeftieBiker said:
No way. Citation needed.

I qualified for VPP pricing for my next Nissan for no other reason than I leased a Nissan. That's all the citation I can offer.
Perhaps the dealer just matched VPP pricing, without it going through the official VPP program? That's pretty awesome though.

Back