Need help with lease in Houston, TX

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cactuar

Hey guys,

I'm new here and a hopeful new 2016 Leaf owner. We've seen so many awesome deals posted here and on other forums but we just can't come even close. One reason is probably because we're in Texas. Here are the best deals we've found after shopping around for a while:

2016 SV: $5k drive out/$215 monthly/31% residual
2016 SL w/premium package: $5k drive out/$268 monthly/32% residual

(S is not a consideration for us at this time)

Most of the dealers I talked to say stuff like "we don't get Cali EV rebates" or "Cali gets 2.5k more rebates" as reasons they can't match Cali deal screenshots I give them, but is this true? I thought Cali rebates go straight to the consumer, not the dealer.

Can any Houstonians/Texans chime in about these rates and how I might be able to get better deals?

Thanks!

I'm not in TX but will give my 2 cents. Yes, the cali rebates are higher for some reason. We are being told the same thing in AZ. You can try if a cali dealer is willing to ship a car to TX and offer the same deal (most won't).

To me, SL doesn't make sense but SV is a good option. I'd say try to get them to quote a zero down price and see where you're at. Don't worry about residual unless you have any plans to buy it. Focus on lower monthly with no down.

The only money the California dealers get directly is the Federal Tax Credit of $7,500. The purchaser gets the $2,500 rebate directly from the state. Additionally, some local air districts throw in even more money. I live in the San Joaquin Valley and they rebate another $3,000 directly to the purchaser.

The price differences probably have more to do with inventory levels than anything else. Econ 101 - Supply/Demand.

The SF Bay area dealers seem to be the most competitive in California on lease and purchase of the Leaf because they have many in inventory.

We would prefer the SL for the leather seats, and premium package would be nice. The SV is more of a backup plan. I was more wondering if these are good prices for Texas. We aren't in a huge hurry so we need somewhat of a "steal" to lease it now, but it's hard to figure out what a "steal" lease price is in Texas.

We do intend to buy at the end especially if the discount offers from Nissan going on now continues in 2019, so the total price/residual does matter to us.

Back