2013 SL with premium package

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogie

I am looking at 2013 SL with premium package with about 32K on it. Local to the Seattle, WA area and has been driven here in the PNW the whole time. I know that the advise is to get a post 3/13 manufacture. This one is a 2/13 manufacture date. Would this still be a deal killer if it was driven the whole time in the PNW. Price would be $12,500. 12 bars on battery, but waiting to get a dongle check the battery with leaf spy.

rogie said:
I am looking at 2013 SL with premium package with about 32K on it. Local to the Seattle, WA area and has been driven here in the PNW the whole time. I know that the advise is to get a post 3/13 manufacture. This one is a 2/13 manufacture date. Would this still be a deal killer if it was driven the whole time in the PNW. Price would be $12,500. 12 bars on battery, but waiting to get a dongle check the battery with leaf spy.

There was one 1/2013 build date Leaf mentioned here that lost the first bar at something like 55k miles, so it isn't impossible that some of them may be better than others. The old chemistry (and it appears that the early 2013 Leafs use the old chemistry in the new style packs, because they aren't directly swappable) in pre-2013 cars has also in a few cases gone a long time in cool climates without degrading a lot. Assuming that the BMS wasn't reset, and assuming that you will also drive the car in a cool climate, and also assuming that you don't need full range, it may be worth considering. ;-)

I have that exact car- '13 SL with 2/13 build date. The battery lost 4 bars in 38k miles. Driven in Houston, TX.

Just got the new warranty battery installed TODAY! It's like a new car again. If you can find a '13 that'll lose its 4 bars in the 5yr/60k miles, get that and enjoy a free battery in the near future.

RePo said:
I have that exact car- '13 SL with 2/13 build date. The battery lost 4 bars in 38k miles. Driven in Houston, TX.

Just got the new warranty battery installed TODAY! It's like a new car again. If you can find a '13 that'll lose its 4 bars in the 5yr/60k miles, get that and enjoy a free battery in the near future.

The OP lives in a cool climate, and is looking at a 12 bar car. My concern is that it might lose 2 bars by the end of the warranty.

That is a bit of a concern, but daily commute is 25 miles return, so hopefully that should be ok.

The 2013 Sl with better charger and heater is certainly an improvement over a 2012, even with the same battery chemistry. However, the price of $12,500 is totally out of line.

You can get NEW 2016 SV with a new battery, 30Kw, for under 20k after incentives.

I don't think any pre 5/2013 battery car should ever sell for more than 8-9 thousand.

Back