2016 leaf sv lease in Bay Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwy85

I am looking to lease a 2016 leaf SV no options and am getting it for $249/month + tax. 0 down. I am inclined to take it. I haven't been able to find a better quote here in the Bay Area. Any one offered a better deal?

> $249/month + tax. 0 down.

The teaser ad this month at Dublin Nissan looks like a better total cost of ownership, however it's presumably just a teaser (only 2 cars, probably gone): http://www.dublinnissan.com/specials/new.htm Leaf model code 17116 is the SV. $3K down, $149/month, plus tax. 36 months, 12K miles. My math says that's somewhat less expensive than $0 down and $249/month.

In general the 2016 Leaf prices will probably continue to be low and become lower the closer we get to the Bolt being a real thing.

- Bruce

Hello Hwy85,
I am in the sf bay market for leasing similar configuration. I haven't found this good a deal.

Could you tell me if your quote of $249/mo + tax with 0-down for 36m lease includes the $2,500 CA rebate or is it separate?

Does the quote include any fee (e.g. acquisition fee, disposition fee, Tax on collected items, DMV fee, doc fee etc.)?

Thanks

The 2500 rebate is separate. Dealers are charging different quotes on the fees. dublin nissan is including the 80$ doc fee whereas others are not. I have not been able to go in to the dealer yet :( hoping can do so this coming weekend.

I got quotes for S trim from multiple dealers in bay area. This might help you -- I have posted on a parallel thread
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22496

Could you share your detailed quote? It might help me in getting a competitive price.

Hwy85 / other members,

Could you post the latest deal on Leaf SV (no options) for 36m leasing in bay area? I am in the market for one and would like to understand the best deal in offer.

same here. looking for a leaf sv in bay area.

a couple of dealers told me they have sold out sv to make room for 2017 inventory. is that true ?? Or are they just lying so that they can clear out S's. there has been no indication from nissan that 2017 model is coming anytime soon..

Yeah, no news on 2017 Leaf, just speculation that S will have an SV size battery and SV a larger battery. I think SV is a better value for money than S, hence it has sold out at most dealerships.

The lease offer for S are getting sweeter. There is definitely a large unsold inventory of S that the dealers are trying to unload.

Looks like the 30 kWh Leaf S is here. Looking at an ad at Boardwalk Nissan about it. Same range as SV. With VPP it is 2500 down and 159/month

sunil said:
Looks like the 30 kWh Leaf S is here. Looking at an ad at Boardwalk Nissan about it. Same range as SV. With VPP it is 2500 down and 159/month

You are right.
http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/new.htm

This is very interesting.

Can somebody post the best deal on the upgraded Nissan Leaf S with 30kw battery they got?
I am particularly interested in deals in Bay Area, CA?

Dublin nissan is offering a Leaf S for $89 + tax with $2500 down for the 24kwh battery. The 30KWH is for $119 + 2500 down. This is with VPP

AFAIK, 2017 Leaf is not due until mid-late 2017. There is no update at the dealers or in news or on Nissan website.

I recently signed a 3-year lease for SV at Fremont Nissan. I shopped around a lot and this dealership gave me the best deal.

The SV are in short supply, so it will be hard to find one on the lot. But you can sign the lease as a backorder; the car is delivered in 1-2 weeks. The dealership tried to convince me to lease an S, but I went for an SV. No regrets, it is worth the extra money for the substantial upgrades over S.

BTW, I got 3-year lease on an SV for $148 + Tax per month with $2500 down (which includes all taxes, DMV/title, doc misc fee) with VPP option. This was offered by Fremont Nissan. I believe other dealership charge an extra $1800 for such tax and fees on top of $2500 down.

I just leased a Leaf S30 (this is the new 30kWh Leaf S) on Oct. 30 for $3000 out-the-door price and $108/month ($99 + sales tax) for 35 payments, and I am very happy with that price. :) I used one of the local teaser offers from another Bay Area dealer as my negotiating start point, i.e. "I see that this dealer is offering X, what can you offer?" This was at Premiere Nissan Stevens Creek, Santa Clara California, with VPP from my employer and a very good credit score. The S30 includes both 6.6kW and DC fast charge ("quickcharge package"), so it's very close to the SV in featureset. Range estimate is 107 miles, hopefully more if I leave it in Eco mode and use "B" instead of "D" for the drive mode?

The Leaf also applies for the California rebate, so we should eventually get a $2500 check from the California clean air program.

We're using it to replace a 1992 Corolla, so we're jumping forward 24 years in automotive technology, woo. RFID keyfobs are new to me, as are USB ports in the car. The S30 is a strong fit to our range needs, since we have use cases that involve driving slightly over 100 miles without charging, and we only have room at home for 1 car.

Total cost of ownership over the 3-year lease is $4280 after the $2500 California rebate ($3K - $2500 + 35*$108).

If the lease prices get much lower, they'll be paying us to lease the car. :)

- Bruce

Back