2920 Leafs in stock

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendler2112

I just did an inventory search and it showed 2920 Leafs at dealers within 500+ miles (which is the broadest search) of Syracuse, NY USA 13066. What does your search say? This seems like about a lifetime supply the way sales are going. A buyers market.
http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan/inventory/index?modelLineCode=LEF&lang=en&_vipreq=2135604025#/

Last time I looked the were just a couple of S Leafs in stock, and one or two SVs without Premium, in my area. When I asked about leasing one regionally, I was quoted over $300 a month for an SV with Premium, plus a down payment, plus sales tax. So a buyer's market maybe, but not a lessee's market. I don't know that I want to pay that much to lease a car I have to keep connecting to a 12 volt maintainer, with terrible high beams, and no charge option other than 100%. If I can lease a Bolt Premiere with Surround Vision for under $400, I may pick that.

EDIT: I tried the search again just now, and there are a whopping two Leafs in my area. One S 24kwh, one SV without Premium.

Upstate NY is a Black hole for EV's because of the weather and large expanses. Expand your search to 250 miles to include downstate and there are 184 to chose from.
http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan/inventory/index?modelLineCode=LEF&lang=en&_vipreq=2116590681#/

You may as well stop including specific links - the search engine, which is terrible, slow and glitchy, starts from the beginning anyway. Yes, you get to see vehicles in stock in other states, but there is nothing about discounts, or lease offers - just MSRP. As I wrote earlier, I looked into leasing a 2016 from Vermont (local dealers act as if getting cars in from elsewhere is unheard of) and it was just not a bargain. Why lease a leftover 2016 SV with 107 miles of range on a good day for $300, when I can maybe lease a Bolt Premiere for $75 more a month, and get lots of power and 180+ miles of range? Nissan is fairly aggressive in trying to sell leftover Leafs, but not so much in trying to lease them.

The lease deal is right on the Nissan web site. They re giving $4,000 off. The same as for buying. Plus the full $7,500 Federal tax credit when you lease that saves you from being able to claim only a small part of it. Plus any contribution the dealer makes to move these hundreds of stale cars. Any current leeses will get a good deal at the end to encourage them to keep it.

I saw a lease offer for the S. Nissan's site doesn't play well with Firefox, though, so I may have missed it. I was looking for that specifically. Still, that's about $25k for an SV with Premium, and with a 33% residual, I think that's where the $300 a month comes from. And that isn't with Zero down or counting sales tax (which hopefully NY's EV rebate, if it's ever enacted, would counteract).

2920 Nissan Leafs should be just over a 2 month supply at the usual rates the Nissan Leaf sells at.
http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

Leaf sales chart up through 2015. And only 11,000 so far this year. So I am hoping to work the dealer for a better price beyond the $4000 discount plus $7500 federal credit on a lease that Nissan is offering. And a big number for my trade.
221.png

sendler2112 said:
I just did an inventory search and it showed 2920 Leafs at dealers within 500+ miles (which is the broadest search) of Syracuse, NY USA 13066. What does your search say? This seems like about a lifetime supply the way sales are going. A buyers market.
http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan/inventory/index?modelLineCode=LEF&lang=en&_vipreq=2135604025#/

not at these prices...

http://driveelectricnoco.org/group-buy/

I just made my salesman cry. I called the nearest dealer with an S30 in stock which is 150 miles away. He is the third person I talked to including one of the people at Nissan who's radar is so far off they can't even hear the word "LEAF". They keep asking me "which model do you want to lease". Me "The Nissan LEAF". Them "Which Nissan LEASE are you asking about". Whatever.
He wouldn't listen when I told him I had been looking at the lease deal Nissan is posting on the web site as he kept saying he would put some numbers together for me and call me back. Ok. So he calls me back with the published lease deal plus a few add ons like $325 for the DMV fees. Didn't surprise me so Whatever again. I told him I knew all about the deal and was interested in the car and had money but I wanted him to contact his sales rep to ask for some additional incentive since NY is a mandate state and sales are slow. If they would offer another $4000 somewhere I would be a buyer.
It sounded like his heart was broken. He couldn't believe I wasn't thrilled with the deal as it is posted. I told him I just wanted to get the good deal that others are getting. I would even take most of the additional discount on the residual end of the contract since I fully intend to lease, then buy.
They probably won't even ask the rep. He wouldn't tell me how long the car had been sitting there.

He wouldn't tell me how long the car had been sitting there.

Not long, if it's an S30. I've told the local dealership that contacted me last week that I want to test drive a Bolt, but might be interested in a 2016 SV with Premium if the deal were great. That's assuming the Bolt even reaches the East coast dealers before the end of the year. The scenario I fear is being told that the Bolt won't be sold here until February or March, which is when I expect Trump to kill the EV tax rebate.

LeftieBiker said:
The scenario I fear is being told that the Bolt won't be sold here until February or March, which is when I expect Trump to kill the EV tax rebate.

I am pretty sure the EV tax rebate comes from the legislature, and not executive order. As a result, it would take an act of current legislature in order to reverse this, which isn't out of the realm of possibility, but if it is done, it won't happen until 2017, which means it likely won't take effect until 2018, as removing a tax credit mid tax year isn't something that I think will happen.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d

I am pretty sure the EV tax rebate comes from the legislature, and not executive order. As a result, it would take an act of current legislature in order to reverse this, which isn't out of the realm of possibility, but if it is done, it won't happen until 2017, which means it likely won't take effect until 2018, as removing a tax credit mid tax year isn't something that I think will happen.

I don't expect it to be killed by this Congress, but I do expect the next one to do it swiftly. There is nothing difficult about it for a unified Republican government, and it will send the political message they want to send.

sendler2112 said:
Seriously, if Nissan would give me the additional 5,210 off of the current lease price I would lease to buy tomorrow.

call your dealer. I got an additional $8K off the lease price PLUS the credit for the $7500 fed credit too and I not in CO either

For your new 2016? What were the details of your deal? Mine would be lease of a 2016 S30 for $1999 down, 35 x $264 and buy for $9,800 for a total of $21,000 to own the car without me having to apply for any refunds because I has leased first. I did talk to the dealer that has one in stock on the phone as outlined above. He hit me with the lease deal as offered at Nissan plus a couple add ons. He was so excited for me to get such a great deal. It was obvious no one there had looked at this lease deal because they seemed surprised. When I asked him to call his factory sales rep to see if he would unlock another $4,000 His voice cracked and I could hear his jaw drop over the phone. He basically said " Come on. This is a great deal". I told him I was serious and just wanted the same good deal that others are getting because sales are off so far this year. He said goodbye with dismay.

sendler2112 said:
For your new 2016? What were the details of your deal? Mine would be lease of a 2016 S30 for $1999 down, 35 x $264 and buy for $9,800 for a total of $21,000 to own the car without me having to apply for any refunds because I has leased first. I did talk to the dealer that has one in stock on the phone as outlined above. He hit me with the lease deal as offered at Nissan plus a couple add ons. He was so excited for me to get such a great deal. It was obvious no one there had looked at this lease deal because they seemed surprised. When I asked him to call his factory sales rep to see if he would unlock another $4,000 His voice cracked and I could hear his jaw drop over the phone. He basically said " Come on. This is a great deal". I told him I was serious and just wanted the same good deal that others are getting because sales are off so far this year. He said goodbye with dismay.

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2016/11/in-with-new-introducing-era-of-eco-b.html

in a nutshell; 2016 S30. 3 years, 15000 miles a year, zero down, $245.99 a month. bumper cover, special prize thrown in free

So it appears the the current lease deal is moving some Leafs as the 4 that were within 150 miles of me have sold this month. t's interesting that Nissan's web site has taken down all reference to the the existance of any 2016's and any mention of the still current incentives. Now they only show links to build a 2017 and there are no incentives showing so the "build and price" tools show a monthly payment of $750. Good luck with that one.
It looks like the better option for me will be to look for an off lease 2013. The used car lots have grabed these and are offering them for $8,500 to 10,500. $2014's will be even more plentiful going into next year driving the price down further.

Back